Darkhorse QB Prospect

Doing a little research this morning and came across an intriguing prospect that I've not seen brought up here. QB John Skelton from Fordham is a 6'5 250lbs gunslinger from El Paso, TX. He's been a starter for Fordham for 3 seasons where he has thrown for 9,928 yards, 66 TDs, and 36 INTs.

Scouts Inc has Skelton ranked as the #10 QB in this draft so he'll be a late pick, probably 6th-Undrafted. I haven't seen any Fordham games so I can't comment on his arm strength or accuracy, but I think he'll get a combine invite and it'll be interesting to see how he stacks up against some of the bigger name QBs in college football. Could we have a possible Flacco-type sleeper on our hands here?

Anyone seen this guy play care to comment?

I saw him tear up Cornell's defense, but Cornell totally sucked this year. Some of the long passes were screens; the Cornell secondary couldn't tackle anyone that day.

From what I've read he's got a good arm, but needs to work on mechanics and delivery to make it at a higher level. Could be an intriguing prospect in the 7th or as an UDFA with the right staff

I saw him tear up Cornell's defense, but Cornell totally sucked this year. Some of the long passes were screens; the Cornell secondary couldn't tackle anyone that day.

Yeah, I was at that game too. He did look impressive against Cornell, but that's not really saying much. FCS football isn't anything near BCS.

Looked like he has a good live arm. Can see where he needs work on his release and delivery point. A little out to the side. Good size. Let's see if he gets any hype from Kiper et al.

Probably no hype on him til the combine