Why not start Brohm

Nick

I know this has been beatin to death. Doesnt it make since to start him since its going to be a bad weather game? To see if he has any flashes in cold nasty Buffalo weather? Its going to be a heavy running game plan anyway isnt that the kind of gameplan you have for a new young QB in the first place? Everyone knows that there is no chance that Ryan is the starter next year so why not give someone who has a decent shot a chance.

In my opinion Brohm accually didnt look half bad last week yea he made some mistakes but he knew where to go with the ball when the blitz was on him.

I know this has been beatin to death. Doesnt it make since to start him since its going to be a bad weather game? To see if he has any flashes in cold nasty Buffalo weather? Its going to be a heavy running game plan anyway isnt that the kind of gameplan you have for a new young QB in the first place? Everyone knows that there is no chance that Ryan is the starter next year so why not give someone who has a decent shot a chance.

In my opinion Brohm accually didnt look half bad last week yea he made some mistakes but he knew where to go with the ball when the blitz was on him.

Fitz doesn't have a future with the Bills. Giving Brohm another start would at least help evaluate if the kid has a shot next year to be the potential starter. What do we have to lose at this point other than a few spots in the drafting order?

A certain Fewell, Perry hopes that a win today will help land him a job post this season hence Fitzy as QB. Also they are probably going to mothball Brohm this game just so he doesn't get injured and isn't fit for OTA's. If Fitzy does get injured, I would rather they put Chroise.

i totally agree. brohm= hope. Fitz= holcomb/van pelt (always a backup)

Correct, but Brohm=Hope for 2010, why play him behind this line, there is little to gain but a lot to lose. I personally believe that is what they are doing with Trent also. They put him on a shelf and will take him down next year to compete. At this point Fitz is the QB with the least upside.

It's simple really, Brohm isn't completely familiar with the Bills playbook. Therefore, the game plan is very basic and even easier to defend. Last week was a total waste IMO, Brohm was babied and only threw on obvious passing downs, which nearly got him killed by blitzes. It's just not worth putting Brohm in a bad situation where he has little chance at success and a good chance of injury. I am no fan of Fitz, but let him play the meaningless last game of the season.

Correct, but Brohm=Hope for 2010, why play him behind this line, there is little to gain but a lot to lose. I personally believe that is what they are doing with Trent also. They put him on a shelf and will take him down next year to compete. At this point Fitz is the QB with the least upside.

But they do not know what they have in Brohm, not in game situations, though he showed some promise last week.

When a qarterback has 'it', it sometimes reveals itself early in his career, as was the case with quartebacks such as Marino and Brady.

The Bills don't know enough about Brohm. While one more game probably will not tell us too much, it MAY. That is enough of a reason to start the guy, rather than someone we agree will be a career backup. I do believe the Bills stand a better chance of winning with Fitzpatrick, but that really isn't the point today. Brohm did loook good enough last week to lead this team to a victory against backups today.

It seems Wilson has stepped in too much the last decade and made coaches' decisions, but this is a time when he needed to say something, have his interim coach play the game for the Bills' future--and not as an audition for a head coaching position.

It's simple really, Brohm isn't completely familiar with the Bills playbook. Therefore, the game plan is very basic and even easier to defend. Last week was a total waste IMO, Brohm was babied and only threw on obvious passing downs, which nearly got him killed by blitzes. It's just not worth putting Brohm in a bad situation where he has little chance at success and a good chance of injury. I am no fan of Fitz, but let him play the meaningless last game of the season.

Sorry I disagree with this. Game time is game time. The game planning has been simple all year long and its no different with brohm or fitze. Starting Brohm would be alot more productive then starting a guy who will not be a starter next year. Teams that are not making the playoffs arent benching starters to keep players safe for next year. Yes a Bills qb takes alot of pressure cuz of the O line play but the BAD injuries happen on freak/dirty plays, I.E. blows to the knee getting rolled into all that sort of stuff.

Reasons why Brohm should start:

Evaluate him.

Give him meaningful game experience (he's taken very few snaps in the NFL)

Indy will probably not dress Freeney and Mathis...it's probable he'll be facing a watered-down and thinned-out Indy defense.

Reasons why Brohm should not start:

If you believe that "you play to win the game," Fitz probably gives us our best chances of victory.

With all the unresolved issues on this team both schematically and roster-wise, evaluation is nearly impossible or pointless.

He could get injured (very minor reason...you don't make roster decisions on injury probability).

Sorry I disagree with this. Game time is game time. The game planning has been simple all year long and its no different with brohm or fitze. Starting Brohm would be alot more productive then starting a guy who will not be a starter next year. Teams that are not making the playoffs arent benching starters to keep players safe for next year. Yes a Bills qb takes alot of pressure cuz of the O line play but the BAD injuries happen on freak/dirty plays, I.E. blows to the knee getting rolled into all that sort of stuff.

No need to apologize. But if you watched the game last week, it was a complete waste of time putting Brohm back there. If they can't give him the full playbook, can you truly evaluate his talents? He had terrible numbers last week and it could be due to a number of reasons, so you can't effectively critique his game. If he were to play and have tremendous numbers against the Colts backups, does it mean the Bills are set next year at QB? While I am not totally against playing him again this week, I have no issues with him not playing. It just doesn't matter...

Reasons why Brohm should start:

Evaluate him.

Give him meaningful game experience (he's taken very few snaps in the NFL)

Indy will probably not dress Freeney and Mathis...it's probable he'll be facing a watered-down and thinned-out Indy defense.

Reasons why Brohm should not start:

If you believe that "you play to win the game," Fitz probably gives us our best chances of victory.

With all the unresolved issues on this team both schematically and roster-wise, evaluation is nearly impossible or pointless.

He could get injured (very minor reason...you don't make roster decisions on injury probability).

BIGGEST REASON: it's doesn't matter.

PTR