Darryl Clark

I am not a PSU fan and have only seen this kid a handful of times but I really like his toughness. He would probably be a project at the next level but could be a decent later round gamble. Any PSU fans have an opinion on Clark? His strength is impressive and his mobility is a plus. In the games I've watched, Clark has shown very good leadership qualities as well.

Again, I'm not sure how his abilities translate but I have to say I like how he plays the game. He kept his cool against LSU yesterday and really carried the team. It will be interesting to hear how he measures up leading into the draft.

I am not a PSU fan and have only seen this kid a handful of times but I really like his toughness. He would probably be a project at the next level but could be a decent later round gamble. Any PSU fans have an opinion on Clark? His strength is impressive and his mobility is a plus. In the games I've watched, Clark has shown very good leadership qualities as well.

Again, I'm not sure how his abilities translate but I have to say I like how he plays the game. He kept his cool against LSU yesterday and really carried the team. It will be interesting to hear how he measures up leading into the draft.

I am a huge Penn State fan and have been on the fence about Clark at the next level. After the LSU game, I feel a little better than I have before. He hasn't been the greatest of passers but he has flashed ability in that area. He is smart and that's a huge plus for him, he knows when to take off and run and when to hang in the pocket. Like you said, he is a 230 pound mass of muscle and can move.

I would definitely pick him up in the later rounds if we have a shot at him, but I wouldn't bank on him becoming a full-time starter. Definitely has potential and the leadership ability to succeed, IMO.

I am a huge Penn State fan and have been on the fence about Clark at the next level. After the LSU game, I feel a little better than I have before. He hasn't been the greatest of passers but he has flashed ability in that area. He is smart and that's a huge plus for him, he knows when to take off and run and when to hang in the pocket. Like you said, he is a 230 pound mass of muscle and can move.

I would definitely pick him up in the later rounds if we have a shot at him, but I wouldn't bank on him becoming a full-time starter. Definitely has potential and the leadership ability to succeed, IMO.

There is a lot to like about his size and strength, but he is a terribly erratic passer. He is Tim Tebow without the gaudy stats. No way is he a pro QB.

There is a lot to like about his size and strength, but he is a terribly erratic passer. He is Tim Tebow without the gaudy stats. No way is he a pro QB.

This could be just because I'm a fan of PSU, but he reminds me of a young Donovan McNabb. He's not there yet, but looks like he could become someone of his mold.

I agree with this. The kid is a natural leader and worth a look. Was he limited in PSU's style of offense?

What about a backup or change of pace guy?

The Bills do not need either of those things, IMHO. They need a QB who can play full time, and lots of other pieces too. Whether that QB is a draft pick, an FA, or even Brian Brohm remains to be seen, but Clark is unlikely to be that guy. He would be a waste of a draft pick if they took him before draft Sunday. I say this as a PSU fan; I never had much confidence that he would move the ball against good defenses, and the Lions' reliance on FGs in the bowl game simply reasserted that for me.

The Bills do not need either of those things, IMHO. They need a QB who can play full time, and lots of other pieces too. Whether that QB is a draft pick, an FA, or even Brian Brohm remains to be seen, but Clark is unlikely to be that guy. He would be a waste of a draft pick if they took him before draft Sunday. I say this as a PSU fan; I never had much confidence that he would move the ball against good defenses, and the Lions' reliance on FGs in the bowl game simply reasserted that for me.

Fair enough. I like the kid though, and am rooting for him to build a case, heading towards the draft.

I'm still interested in Snead. He has good size and a great arm. I'm not sure why he has struggled so much this year but he has all the tools.

He struggles because he has almost no tools. He has a strong arm and is tall and.... well thats it. Two of the most looked at but least important attributes of a QB. Things like intelligence/ability to read a D, pocket awareness, accuracy, anticipation.... all much more important. Sneads tools get you Losman, the ones I listed get you Joe Montana. I would only touch Snead it round 5, thats the highest I would ever consider taking him.

I go to Penn State and Clark matured alot, from the time he was competing for the QB job as a junior to the big win against LSU. His positives are he is a tough mobile Qb, who has a decent arm and made the most this season without many playmakers at all compared to his junior year. He is very composed, but never could win the big game, until he played extremly well against LSU. Negatives are that he doesn't always run when he has the opportunities, and forces the ball at times. I believe he can be a solid backup but no more than that.