Cam Cameron

Walleye

You are right. EVERY team in the NFL has to deal with duplicitous over-egoed lying dirt bags like Saban and Petrino at some point. I'm glad it happened to the Dolphins. I don't think Cameron was helped or hurt by the Saban situation other than that Saban had run the Dolphins into the ground. He got out while the getting was good. We'll really never know if Cameron could turn it around because Parcells brought his own team which was again neither a postitive or a negative regarding Cameron.

Cameron was merely transitional between the Saban disgrace/debacle and the turnaround with Parcells. I don't really want Cameron, but to be fair no one could have expected him to pick up Saban's pieces because there were too many pieces to pick up. That was one broken organization. I wish Saban had stayed there.

Replace the above in bold with Wannstedt and you've got it right!

And what would Brady Quinn have brought to the team?

Who knows...BRady Quinn did have a successful NCAA career and was a 1st round draft pick, who was caught in the numbers game as well as the coaching carousel in Cleveland. May be he sits for a year and then takes over and has success in Miami.

Just think, Lou Saban chose Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees :lol:

Who cares who Lou liked. Now, Nick Saban, Lou's possible cousin, the HC of the Dolphins in 2006, wanted Brees. The mighty Dolphins medical staff would not clear Brees for play.

Seriously, have any of you seen what Cam Cameron has done with Joe flacco or that Baltimore offense?

I'd think it would be safe to say that Cameron is responsible for developing Drew Brees.

Just a clip from the Ravens site: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...am_Cameron.aspx

2006: Led the NFL in scoring with a team-record 492 points ... It was the third straight season the team scored more than 400 points ... Over those three seasons, the Chargers amassed 1,356 points, a figure surpassed only by Indianapolis (1,388 points) ... Also, it was the 10th-highest scoring total since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978 ... The Chargers were the only team in the league to rush for 2,500 yards and pass for 3,400 yards, and they led the NFL in red zone TDs – 42 TDs in 62 trips (67.7%) ... SD also set a team record by rushing for more than 100 yards in 14 of its 16 games and scored 20 or more points in all but one of those contests ... Rivers posted a 14-2 record in his first season as a starter, tied for the second-best record by a QB in his first 16 starts ... His play-calling helped Tomlinson become the 2006 AP MVP when L.T. led the league in rushing with a teamrecord 1,815 yards and set single-season NFL records for most total TDs (31) and most rushing TDs (28) ... Six members of Cameron's offensive squad were named to the Pro Bowl.

You guys are effed in the head if you think one season as head coach can define and characterize someones ability to be a head coach.

If that is the case where would Jimmy Johnson be with his first year at Dallas, didn't the Cowboys go 1-15 his first year?

Read the Bio I linked and then post

I would love to see Cam Cameron get a chance to pay back Miami every year for dumping him!

True enough about Wanny but at least he is man enough to admit his faults. Saban is a blowhard who runs when the going gets tough. I wish he was still there.

Well hes going to win the national championship this year so I guess college is just his game.