Called for Nix as GM in October

jahbonas

Oct 14 2009, 11:00 AM Post #1

Practice Squad

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,092

Could our changing of the guard for GM be right in house? Buddy Nix has tremendous football scouting experience and it was believed he resigned from San Diego with the intent of landing a GM psoition somewhere. He was a finalist for the Atlanta GM job.

Would it make sense that this was a partial motivator for him returning to Buffalo ?? He could even work a split of GM duties with Brandon where he only had to focus on the football side of the house while Brandon worked the business side.

The NFL is an old boys network and it is difficult for a 'non-football' guy to gather the key information a GM needs to have when he has few contacts and scouts and people in the league will 'freeze' him out from offering the key info needed.

Buddy Nix on the other hand...is that key insider with 30 yrs of contacts we need. Let Brandon run the business and the cap...

Dealing with reality...Ralph is cheap...Nix would not be expensive...and Nix is now inhouse where Ralph would have a better comfort level than with an outsider.

Practice Squad

Could our changing of the guard for GM be right in house? Buddy Nix has tremendous football scouting experience and it was believed he resigned from San Diego with the intent of landing a GM psoition somewhere. He was a finalist for the Atlanta GM job.

Would it make sense that this was a partial motivator for him returning to Buffalo ?? He could even work a split of GM duties with Brandon where he only had to focus on the football side of the house while Brandon worked the business side.

The NFL is an old boys network and it is difficult for a 'non-football' guy to gather the key information a GM needs to have when he has few contacts and scouts and people in the league will 'freeze' him out from offering the key info needed.

Buddy Nix on the other hand...is that key insider with 30 yrs of contacts we need. Let Brandon run the business and the cap...

Dealing with reality...Ralph is cheap...Nix would not be expensive...and Nix is now inhouse where Ralph would have a better comfort level than with an outsider.

Could you also tell us who the next HC will be?

By the way good insight on the Buddy Nix at first i didnt believe then i searched and low and behold you did.

Practice Squad

Lets us see if any of Bill Polian, John Butler and AJ Smith rubbed off on him. He might be the right guy at the right time.

Also lets see who he hires as his head coach and coordinators, and what schemes they run.

I'm so sick of the Bills last in the NFL against the run,the Bills need to drop they stanky Tampa 2.

P.S. If this guy trades St Louis for the #1 overall and drafts Suh, he will be my Idol.

Lets us see if any of Bill Polian, John Butler and AJ Smith rubbed off on him. He might be the right guy at the right time.

Also lets see who he hires as his head coach and coordinators, and what schemes they run.

I'm so sick of the Bills last in the NFL against the run,the Bills need to drop they stanky Tampa 2.

P.S. If this guy trades St Louis for the #1 overall and drafts Suh, he will be my Idol.

First, a :censored: for Jahbonas for hitting this nail smack on the head! Way to go! :thumbsup:

Second, I have mixed feelings about whether to trade up for that #1 overall pick. Any time you have an opportunity to add a potential Hall of Fame DE to your defense, you almost have to take it. However . . . we now appear to have a real GM running the show. A good GM can get better value from our draft picks than we're used to seeing from GMs like TD or Marv. Even if Suh turns out to be the next Bruce Smith--which seems quite possible--we have to bear in mind that getting the first overall pick won't come cheap. And that the draft picks/players we'd be losing might actually be more valuable to this team than a Bruce Smith would have been.

A deal for Suh would be very tempting, but it would depend on the price.

dang, you correctly predicted the next GM back in October.

so who will be the next coach?.......who will we draft with our first pick?.....

thank you in advance for saving my time from reading so many other posts.

P.S. ......any thoughts on the stock market for 2010 ?

In replies to the post tho a guy corrected me and pointed out that Nix had sided with Shottenheimer (and against AJ Smith) and when Nix was close to etting the GM job in Atlanta in was strongly considere that Nix & Schottenheimer would come into atlanta as a package type deal.....maybe that happens here? or at least Marty is highly considered than even before?

In replies to the post tho a guy corrected me and pointed out that Nix had sided with Shottenheimer (and against AJ Smith) and when Nix was close to etting the GM job in Atlanta in was strongly considere that Nix & Schottenheimer would come into atlanta as a package type deal.....maybe that happens here? or at least Marty is highly considered than even before?

Marty has said a hundred times he is not coming back. He doesn need the money, so its not a negotiating ploy. Forget him. We need someone with energy and smarts and guts and a mortgage.