Something we may have missed from the presser

PromoTheRobot

While we have focused on the hiring of Buddy Nix, Brandon's promotion to CEO has been overlooked. What does this new title mean exactly? It sounds to me like Brandon is the #2 man at OBD answerable only to Ralph. Could that mean Brandon, not Overdorf, will be making the $$$ decisions from now on? This could be a huge change from the old way of doing business. Is cash-to-cap dead now?

PTR

While we have focused on the hiring of Buddy Nix, Brandon's promotion to CEO has been overlooked. What does this new title mean exactly? It sounds to me like Brandon is the #2 man at OBD answerable only to Ralph. Could that mean Brandon, not Overdorf, will be making the $$$ decisions from now on? This could be a huge change from the old way of doing business. Is cash-to-cap dead now?

PTR

I don't think that will ever be dead in Buffalo until the CBA changes. Looks like business as usual and a good way to keep your top business person happy during the transition.

We just promoted the problem.

Please explain that.I think the Bills had a very good draft,(we will see about Maybin,) Was it Brandons fault Jason Peters didnt want to be here?That Peters quit on the team?Or was it Brandons fault that Ralph extended Dick?Please enlighten me as to what Russ Brandon has done that made the Buffalo Bills worse

I think this is an important note. I made this point countless times in posts yesterday....Brandon runs this team. Yes, he reports back to Ralph. But at least in terms of day to day management, this is Brandon's franchise. There are implications to that.

If you get the right coach it is not a bad set up. Buddy and the coach will be making the football related decisions and Brandon will be running the entire business letting Buddy focus on what he chould be focusing on. Finding good football players.

I bet Brandon's first order of business will be installing a large flat screen TV over the window in Ralph's owners box and replaying Jimbo and Co. from the Super Bowl years every time he's in town for games.

Ralph will eat it up with a spoon. Another good hire by Ralph, pat yourself on the back old timer.

Please explain that.I think the Bills had a very good draft,(we will see about Maybin,) Was it Brandons fault Jason Peters didnt want to be here?That Peters quit on the team?Or was it Brandons fault that Ralph extended Dick?Please enlighten me as to what Russ Brandon has done that made the Buffalo Bills worse

DRG..you are dead on. Brandon has done an incredible job with this franchise. The only thing he should not have done was taken a GM title without the ability to hire anyone on the football side. But who knows if he even had a choice. Ralph may have just put him in that position.

DRG..you are dead on. Brandon has done an incredible job with this franchise. The only thing he should not have done was taken a GM title without the ability to hire anyone on the football side. But who knows if he even had a choice. Ralph may have just put him in that position.

Russ Brandon as Gm is nothing more than Ralphs puppet.Rest assured Ralph has been calling the shots after the Tom Donahue debacle.Can you fault Ralph for being gunshy? Ralph promoted Russ to Gm i believe so there was some form of local supervision.Russ has conviced Ralph to sign TO and trade for Stroud.Does it strike you as "odd"that nobody else was let go with Dick Jauron?As a matter of fact i heard a report that Ralph was going to let Dick finish the season but Dick declined.Why Ralph was trying to save face and money.Now if Russ had convinced Ralph to extend Dick do you think he would still be working at 1 Bills Drive?Food for thought.

Jesus save us.