The Biggest Factor in the Nix Signing

The Big Cat

What's most important to you about the Buddy Nix signing?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most important factor, to you?

• It was an inside hire, and I hate that.
    • Even though it was an inside hire, he oversaw one of the best drafts we've had in decade.
    • I don't care about his time with The Bills, he drafted Maybin, therefore he sucks.
    • He helped draft a dozen Pro Bowlers in 8 Years in San Diego.
    • He's 70 Years old.
    • He was around great people throughout his career in San Diego and otherwise.

Rnd Name College Note

1 Shawne Merriman Maryland

1 Luis Castillo Northwestern

2 Vincent Jackson Northern Colorado

4 Darren Sproles Kansas State

5 Wesley Britt Alabama

6 Wes Sims Oklahoma

7 Scott Mruczkowski Bowling Green

Impressive...

But did he have any part of drafting Ryan Leaf? :worthy:

No big shake up at One Bills Drive. Status Quo. Might as well keep Fewell as HC and get a big named OC. Crap get DJ for DC. Jim Kelly needs to be QB coach.

you really think this is status quo?? Explain that to me.. basically said that he wants an experienced head coach... also said that strength and conditioning was important... who did you want as GM and give some sort of evidence that would make your pick better than this one.

The side I take is that he is an excellent talent evaluator. He spent alot of time with AJ Smith and, like the guy or not, he's done an excellent job in SD. Nix helped build that. With that being said, there is more to being a GM than just being a good talent evaluator. Will he bring in a quality coaching staff that can help change the landscape around here? Will he be able to land top tier FA to play for the Bills? I don't like the fact that it doesn't seem anyone else OUTSIDE the organization was contacted for the opening, but I hope for the best with Nix running the show.

The Bills are not exactly predictable. Having said that, normally the GM hires the HC and the HC hires the rest of the coaching staff. Signing free agents and playing a role, varies by team, in the draft process are usually the GM's job. Hopefully Nix hires a good HC and can evaluate good talent.

Buddy Nix sucks. Is that the best he could do? If he was any good, he would have drafted ALL the pro-bowl players in the last two decades.

Buddy Nix is not going to sell a lot of tickets in Toronto. They are going to need to make a big splash somewhere.

But did he have any part of drafting Ryan Leaf? :flirt:

I realize that was a joke (at least I hope it was) but some people may actually believe it.

Leaf was drafted in 98...Nix was still with the Bills for 3 seasons after that selection was made. The 01 draft was his first with the Bolts

and to add to the factors, let's keep something in mind. When he scouted for us before, his area was the Southeast. When he came back, I recall him saying that he was still paying attention to college football and might be able to offer some insight on the 09 draft. Now, it's mostly speculation that he had a hand in the selection of the players, but we drafted Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson from the Southeastern portion of the US...food for thought