Raising Bills fans....

Pozitive51

No way am I saddling my son with that boat anchor of Buffalo sportsfandom that I inherited from my parents...

I dont understand why you wouldnt want your kids to experince the joy of being a Bills fan.

My parents were both from Buffalo and liked the Bills but they weren't that into them when my brother and I were growing up. So I chose to be a Bills fan. I mean there is no other group of fans that care as much about there team, family, and city. I wish I would have been grew up with this. Go Bills!!!!!!

Bad parenting. You tell him he's a Bills fan or else you don't love him, he has to move out, and you aren't paying his way to college. Basically, tell him he has no choice. :censored:

Best post of 2010 to date.

Even though it is heart wrenching torture to cheer for this team most of the time....nearly all it...the good still outweighs the bad. It also keeps you connected with the community if you have moved away and creating newbie fans hopefully, in some way, helps keeps the Bills always in BUFFALO. I can not even fathom my reaction if my two boys did not decide to root for the Bills.....One of those things that my mind just cannot even comprehend; no matter where we live or how bad they stink...it always has to be GO BILLS

Best post of 2010 to date.

Even though it is heart wrenching torture to cheer for this team most of the time....nearly all it...the good still outweighs the bad. It also keeps you connected with the community if you have moved away and creating newbie fans hopefully, in some way, helps keeps the Bills always in BUFFALO. I can not even fathom my reaction if my two boys did not decide to root for the Bills.....One of those things that my mind just cannot even comprehend; no matter where we live or how bad they stink...it always has to be GO BILLS

This is ALSO the way I felt during the days that MY Dallas Mavericks were sooo

bad and also the lack of success of MY Texas Rangers. They both are MY teams

and I will always be their fan. I am sooo old that I can remember not having

either team. Trust me...having a BAD team is better than NO team!!!

We live in Va Beach but I grew up in Buffalo. My son who was born in 1992 has never lived in Buffalo but loves the Bills. He was a baby and sound asleep in my arms throughout the entire 2nd half of the comeback game against Houston in 93 and as dumb as it may sound I have a belief that he got some of my love for the team through osmosis while he slept in my arms that day. One of the 1st things he learned to say as a toddler was GO BILLS!

I was at the home opener this year with my wife, son, and two daughters. We arrived on Saturday (I think this makes four years in a row), the last three with a pop-up trailer.

My oldest daughter can't make it to the games, but I try to take her and the five grandkids to Training Camp every year. They will be 4th generation Bills fans. My grandson is a linebacker and just started wrestling. :bag:

I'll be at the game Sunday, hopefully with my daughter (Babyrock) who is a very knowledgeable fan and great friend. We started the 'two day home opener'.

My father started me as a fan when the Bills and AFL were new. I will be wearing his 1962 Bills Boosters coat, and do my best to carry on the Bills tradition!

I have a nine year old son that has become an avid fan. The Bills have become "our" thing.. and has changed my own experience as a Bills fan.

If you have kids that are Bills fans... you make a point of putting up the flag, cook the wings, wear your jersey and cheer like crazy this Sunday for OUR Bills to beat the Mighty Colts... and if they win you celebrate it as if it were the playoffs. Its the experience and time with family that they will remember and its the last time you get opportunity to do this for eight more months!

Go Bills --- here is to ending this season with a win Sunday and a Happy New Year!!

Someone needs to call HRS on you for this.

We live in Va Beach but I grew up in Buffalo. My son who was born in 1992 has never lived in Buffalo but loves the Bills. He was a baby and sound asleep in my arms throughout the entire 2nd half of the comeback game against Houston in 93 and as dumb as it may sound I have a belief that he got some of my love for the team through osmosis while he slept in my arms that day. One of the 1st things he learned to say as a toddler was GO BILLS!

1993 Bills fan right here, loved the Bills but never lived in Buffalo either. Its good to here there is more Bills fans who chose to follow the Bills and not the mainstream teams.