just fix the o-line..

zer0vette

Not one of those QB's on that list could bring THIS team to the playoffs. Our O-Line sucks. Get a line!

But the same can be said for a LT. Put a good LT on this team right now and they are not much better than they are now.

Both pieces are important, I just think its easier to find solid O-Lineman than franchise QBs. My other reasoning is that QBs take time to develop. Draft a QB in Rd 1 give him a year or two to develop, in the meantime, build continue building the Oline through the draft and free agency (and developing current players) so that when the young QB is ready to play, the line is ready as well. There is no quick fix. Drafting 1 player will not put this team in the playoffs in 2010 regardless of whether it is a QB or LT or LB or whatever other "we have to have this guy" position it is.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the OL can be addressed via FA. However, you are more likely to find a average to good LT in the 2nd round than a QB of the same ability.

Here is my list of everyone better than what the Bills have that might be availible to Buffalo, 1st round, 2nd round+, through trades, potential free agency and free agency.

Russell Okung-top 10 pick

Bruce Campbell-top 15 pick

Bryan Bulaga-top 20-my personal favorite. I wouldn't be upset if the Bills traded their 2011 1st pick, a 4th and 2010 3rd to trade up to draft him after Buffalo drafts their QB...Ryan Mallett or Clauson.

Anthony Davis-first rounder.

Trent Williams-first rounder

Charles Brown-1st/2nd

Jason Fox-2nd rounder

Ciron Black-late 2nd-I think he will make a solid RT over LT

8 players that are better than what we currently see on the field-but they will be rookies and all rookies are tested

free agency-

Marcus McNeill-top free agent, also will be $$$

potential FA and trades

Jammal Brown-if he is healthy I would offer the saints a 3rd rounder for his rights. He has a voidable contract, and is expensive compared to Jermon Bushrod who has started in his place this year.

Tra Thomas-I would offer a 6th for him

Matt Light-he'd be my fall back, I wouldn't trade for him.

players that I would entertain to fill other positions

Jeremy Trueblood

Adam Terry

Tyson Clabo

David Baas

Eugene Amano

I don't think anyone is saying QB is "all" the Bills need.
Nobody with any credibility is saying it. That's different though. :thumbsup:
It is the position MOST in need however.

I totally agree. Our QB situation is bad. On the other hand, I wouldn't pass on a great player at another position in the draft because I think I have to draft a QB. If there is a great QB there, and I don't just mean gaudy numbers or the school he played for, and I'm convinced he can make the transition to the NFL, then I take him. But I don't pass over a kid that looks like a sure-fire Pro Bowler at position X just to reach for the QB.

Nobody with any credibility is saying it. That's different though. :thumbsup:

I totally agree. Our QB situation is bad. On the other hand, I wouldn't pass on a great player at another position in the draft because I think I have to draft a QB. If there is a great QB there, and I don't just mean gaudy numbers or the school he played for, and I'm convinced he can make the transition to the NFL, then I take him. But I don't pass over a kid that looks like a sure-fire Pro Bowler at position X just to reach for the QB.

I agree with you also. I don't want to see the Bills reach for a QB, but if a QB is there that they think will be GOOD then I hope they grab him.

But the same can be said for a LT. Put a good LT on this team right now and they are not much better than they are now.

Both pieces are important, I just think its easier to find solid O-Lineman than franchise QBs. My other reasoning is that QBs take time to develop. Draft a QB in Rd 1 give him a year or two to develop, in the meantime, build continue building the Oline through the draft and free agency (and developing current players) so that when the young QB is ready to play, the line is ready as well. There is no quick fix. Drafting 1 player will not put this team in the playoffs in 2010 regardless of whether it is a QB or LT or LB or whatever other "we have to have this guy" position it is.

Put a good LT on the team and we are able to run the ball quite a bit better, which fixes a lot of things in our passing game and on defense.

A line consists of many lineman. You need good lineman to make an average QB look good. Not just at LT. Look at The Giants. Great O-line– Average QB in Manning–He has time to throw. I agree it takes time. Expecting Wood and Levitre to become dominate now is crazy. Wood might not even play again. Thats why you need more good lineman first.