stussy109/silvernred/tgreg99

SoCal

Now if you three girly men were working @ walmart (I forgot, with your gene pool you already do) and I started throwing crap @ you, wouldn't you try to defend yourself or are you going to run behind mamas skirts?

Just because these guys are paid alot of $$$$'s and you bought a ticket does not give you the right to assault them. There is a reason they are professional athletes. They are bigger, stronger and faster just to name a few. If you don't want them coming after you, DON'T F WITH THEM AT THE GAME. If you are an innocent bystander, you should think about moving to the exit when they start for the stands. If the kid was only 16 that threw the cup, his parents should be kicking his a$$ and taking his allowance and giving it to the players for just being stupid. But the parents will see a big pay check and sue, along with the other 60,000 retards at the game.

If you look @ OT Pistons-Pacers thread you will see that stussy109,silvernred and tgreg99 have member #'s over 3000. As I have always said, If your member # is over 1500 you are just looking to start ****.

Maybe this board can have a maxium occupancy. It's starting to get dangerous in here with some of the comments on this board.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look @ OT Pistons-Pacers thread you will see that stussy109,silvernred and tgreg99 have member #'s over 3000. As I have always said, If your member # is over 1500 you are just looking to start ****.

126125[/snapback]

Yes, I think all of us under-1500-ers need to stick together.

:blink::w00t::lol:

WTF? :o

You joined in Sept. 02. How'd you get a lower # than me? :lol:

:lol:

Edited by Rico

Now if you three girly men were working @ walmart (I forgot, with your gene pool you already do) and I started throwing crap @ you, wouldn't you try to defend yourself or are you going to run behind mamas skirts?

Just because these guys are paid alot of $$$$'s and you bought a ticket does not give you the right to assault them. There is a reason they are professional athletes. They are bigger, stronger and faster just to name a few. If you don't want them coming after you, DON'T F WITH THEM AT THE GAME. If you are an innocent bystander, you should think about moving to the exit when they start for the stands. If the kid was only 16 that threw the cup, his parents should be kicking his a$$ and taking his allowance and giving it to the players for just being stupid. But the parents will see a big pay check and sue, along with the other 60,000 retards at the game.

Maybe this board can have a maxium occupancy. It's starting to get dangerous in here with some of the comments on this board.

126125[/snapback]

Still bitter you got the better of the roto-rooter by your bunkmate?

126125[/snapback]

That's beautiful and so true.

126125[/snapback]

Before you blow your lid, try reading my posts first. Never once did I excuse the fans.

I never said he didn't have a right to defend himself. But there is a difference between defending yourself and protecting yourself. Artest did neither. He created more danger for himself and everyone else.

From my previous post:

Certainly the fan who threw the plastic cup was disgraceful and should be blamed. But Artest was safe behind TWO rows of media seats and another THREE rows of empty fan seats. There was no "immediate" threat to his safety or to anyone else. He CREATED an immediate threat by charging over five rows of stands to confront the guy. And Jackson joined him, totally irresponsible. The NBA should certainly suspend both Jackson and Artest for AT LEAST 10 games.

It drove me nuts to hear all the ESPN guys saying how "Artest HAD to defend himself". stevestojan! Artest could have just yelled at the guy from the safty of the court. The EPSN crew is trying to spin it like Artest was in danger...WRONG he created danger by charging into the stands where he was outnumbered!

"Well they threw a cup at him! He HAD to react!" continue the NBA analysts. Come on. How many players in SanFransico have charged into the stands when the fans throw batteries at them? Or how many Dolphin players have charged into the stands when the 12th Man pelts them with snowballs? Answer? NONE! Why? Because they aren't dumb. I am not excusing any fan who throws anything onto the field of play or at anyone, just trying to show that it is (sadly) a common practice and Arest totally over reacted. And it drove me crazy to listen to the idiot announcers trying to spin it like Artest was a choir boy (do we really have to pull out his record?)

Now that my rant is over I want to make it clear that I do not condone the fans. Not at all. Especially what happened AFTER Artest went into the stands. THe cheap shots, the chairs being thrown, fans coming onto the court was all horrible and terribly wrong on their parts. The fans are certainly to blame and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. However, NONE of this would have happened had Artest stayed on the court.

Excellent. I've never been called out here before!

126125[/snapback]

Girly men? Whoa - watch your language, tough guy. If you really want to get into a pissing match about how intelligent we both are and what we do for a living, I'll be happy to oblige. But, for now, I'll let you off the hook and let that one slide.

Clearly he did a great job "defending himself" when he just attacked whoever in the stands because the situation felt a lot safer afterwards. Things didn't get worse at all.

No, you're right. Artest did the right thing by overreacting and starting a riot that could have injured him, his teammates, and thousands of people in the building. I'm sure security, the people there who had nothing to do with the incident, and his teammates all appreciated it.

Just because these guys are paid alot of $$$$'s and you bought a ticket does not give you the right to assault them. There is a reason they are professional athletes.

Never said anyone had any right to assault them. I said the fan who threw the beer was definitely in the wrong.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

They are bigger, stronger and faster just to name a few. If you don't want them coming after you, DON'T F WITH THEM AT THE GAME. If you are an innocent bystander, you should think about moving to the exit when they start for the stands.

Yeah, I didn't F with them (I watched the game on TV) and I would've probably left once the riot started if I was there. But I wasn't surprised so many fans went after the players after they watched a couple assault a 16 year old.

If the kid was only 16 that threw the cup, his parents should be kicking his a$$ and taking his allowance and giving it to the players for just being stupid.

Was he even the one who threw the cup? That isn't even clear. It's possible Artest didn't have the best view of who threw the cup seeing as how he was taking a nap on the scoring table when it bounced off his chest. Oh well, as long as he beat up someone, it's easier than fighting Ben Wallace.....

But the parents will see a big pay check and sue, along with the other 60,000 retards at the game.

All the more reason not to attack kids when you're a pro athlete.

Uh-huh, great observation.

Maybe you should cry about it.

126125[/snapback]

As I said to BF, spoken like a man who has never been in a fight before. If you think it's fun, cool, and the 'tough thing to do' then you haven't been in one to know how brutal and scary they really are.

126125[/snapback]

That's right. The last thing we want is different opinions to be discussed in open forums such as these.

I love hearing different opinions, it makes it much easier to identify the morons :lol:

Everyone is so tough on the internet.

126218[/snapback]

Don't worry about BF, he has made it clear the type of person he is. He has the 'homer' blinders on big time and wishes to revel in an event that has tarnished all sports, not just the NBA. Even if you agree with BF's stance that Artest was in the right, what happened with the fans and the players was reprehnsible and will have a negative impact on ALL sports.

As for SoCal, he just wanted to prove to everyone how smart and tough he is. Fine by me.

It doesn't really matter, you said Artest didn't have the right to defend himself.

126199[/snapback]

Um, how is running into the stands and pounding the wrong guy "defending yourself"? And what was he "defending himself" from? Another paper cup?

I'm sure if you were a Pistons fan, you'd feel the same way. :lol:

Um, how is running into the stands and pounding the wrong guy "defending yourself"?  And what was he "defending himself" from?  Another paper cup?

I'm sure if you were a Pistons fan, you'd feel the same way.  :lol:

126226[/snapback]

That's the whole crux of the argument that BF and others are failing to see. They want to compair it to a real life situation on the street. Fine, let's do that.

In real life if you are confronted on the street (or in a bar or in an alley whatever) when you are alone and someone assults you, you have every right to defend yourself...anyone would.

But if you are in the same situation with 100 cops around you and one guy ACROSS the room throws a beer at you, you still have the RIGHT to go and pound him (even though you will be going to jail for it as would he), but most sane people would let the cops they are there with handle it.

Artest was at the stadium with over 100 security personel around. He could have done the smart thing which was to let the cops do their jobs, he didn't HAVE to go into the stands. It wasn't as if the fan was on the court right in his grill.

Thus, the "on the street" comparision is very, very weak.

That's the whole crux of the argument that BF and others are failing to see. They want to compair it to a real life situation on the street. Fine, let's do that.

In real life if you are confronted on the street (or in a bar or in an alley whatever) when you are alone and someone assults you, you have every right to defend yourself...anyone would.

But if you are in the same situation with 100 cops around you and one guy ACROSS the room throws a beer at you, you still have the RIGHT to go and pound him (even though you will be going to jail for it as would he), but most sane people would let the cops they are there with handle it.

Artest was at the stadium with over 100 security personel around. He could have done the smart thing which was to let the cops do their jobs, he didn't HAVE to go into the stands. It wasn't as if the fan was on the court right in his grill.

Thus, the "on the street" comparision is very, very weak.

126230[/snapback]

Let's be fair here for a second. Ron Artest tackled that punk. He didn't even punch him. He didn't start throwing punches until others punched him.

Sometimes you have to do things the hard way, and that punk fan found out what the hard way was last night.

Um, how is running into the stands and pounding the wrong guy "defending yourself"?  And what was he "defending himself" from?  Another paper cup?

I'm sure if you were a Pistons fan, you'd feel the same way.  :lol:

126226[/snapback]

If I was a fan of any team but the Pistons I would feel the same way.

Let's be fair here for a second.  Ron Artest tackled that punk.  He didn't even punch him.  He didn't start throwing punches until others punched him. 

Sometimes you have to do things the hard way, and that punk fan found out what the hard way was last night.

126232[/snapback]

It wasn't Artest's job or responsibility to teach him the hard way. It was the security personel's job. He should have let them handle it.

So you are telling me that if you were in a bar with 100 cops and someone throws a beer on you from across the room you STILL charge across the room to "educate" the lad? :lol:

Let's be fair here for a second.  Ron Artest tackled that punk.  He didn't even punch him.  He didn't start throwing punches until others punched him. 

126232[/snapback]

That's not how the fan remembers it......

Just when it appeared tempers died down, Artest was struck by a cup thrown from the stands and jumped up and charged into the stands, throwing punches as he climbed over seats.

“He was on top of me, pummeling me,” fan Mike Ryan of Clarkston said. “He asked me, ‘Did you do it? I said, ‘No, man. No!”’

Jackson joined Artest in the melee and threw punches at fans, who punched back at them.

That's funny - pummeling him while he's asking if he's the one who did it. Yeah, Artest was definitely doing the right thing. :lol: