Is Perry just another Dick (or Mike)

Albany,n.y.

Although I don't have a lot of optimism about Brian Brohm, I still say give him the next 2 games as the starter-the entire games no matter what he does. Our coach obviously doesn't see it this way. He's still holding out hope that Fitzpatrick can play tomorrow. Also, by his actions it appears that unless Brohm lights it up if he does start on Sunday, Perry will put Fitz back out there as QB for the Indy game.

This is following in the same chicken -s##t manner of his predecessors. A couple of seasons ago, Jauron kept Fred Jackson on the bench and kept letting the A-Train get his 2-3 yards per carry, until Thomas got injured and Jackson was finally given his chance. Then last season, instead of trying a healthy McKelvin, he put a McGee out there on 1 leg against Miami, resulting in Ted Ginn Jr. having a career day. Perry has continued in Jauron's footsteps keeping untried players on the bench and playing the veteran bums. This also reeks of Mike Mularkey's last days. Instead of giving his young QB at the time, J.P. Losman, a chance he clung to dear life to Kelly Holcomb, in a futile attempt to save his job by winning meaningless games.

The way Perry Fewell has not only kept the young guys on the bench (even inactive in Hardy's case), but is not even willing to say the QB who has practiced all week is starting, shows that he is unfit to be anything other than an interim coach.

Although I don't have a lot of optimism about Brian Brohm, I still say give him the next 2 games as the starter-the entire games no matter what he does. Our coach obviously doesn't see it this way. He's still holding out hope that Fitzpatrick can play tomorrow. Also, by his actions it appears that unless Brohm lights it up if he does start on Sunday, Perry will put Fitz back out there as QB for the Indy game.

This is following in the same chicken -s##t manner of his predecessors. A couple of seasons ago, Jauron kept Fred Jackson on the bench and kept letting the A-Train get his 2-3 yards per carry, until Thomas got injured and Jackson was finally given his chance. Then last season, instead of trying a healthy McKelvin, he put a McGee out there on 1 leg against Miami, resulting in Ted Ginn Jr. having a career day. Perry has continued in Jauron's footsteps keeping untried players on the bench and playing the veteran bums. This also reeks of Mike Mularkey's last days. Instead of giving his young QB at the time, J.P. Losman, a chance he clung to dear life to Kelly Holcomb, in a futile attempt to save his job by winning meaningless games.

The way Perry Fewell has not only kept the young guys on the bench (even inactive in Hardy's case), but is not even willing to say the QB who has practiced all week is starting, shows that he is unfit to be anything other than an interim coach.

Some very good points. Not only have expectations become so high that players are supposed to "contribute" immediately, but the same is true for coaches. Therefore, coaches who do not have a strong portfolio must scramble to win the next game, even if the player decisions are not in the best interest of the team long-term. Conversely, coaches who have already been successful get more time to build a winner. It is not the reason for their success, but it helps.

So if the Bills try to hire an "up and coming" coordinator (or position coach) who they hope will be a diamond in the rough, the guy has to coach as if there is no tomorrow. Of course, hiring these guys are a crap shoot to begin with. (i.e. Williams, Malarky) So what do you do if you are Wilson and you want the team to win? You have to change the image of the organization from one that is not attractive for elite players or coaches to join, to one that has respected football men in charge (with the true power to do their job). That is why it is so important that the Bills hire a "name" GM and/or Head Coach. Not just because of their proven skills, but to show that they are now committed to building a winning team.

IMO Wilson's Donahoe experiment hurt this organization badly because he was given the power necessary to build a winner, but at a time when Donahoe was overcompensating for having lost the power struggle with Cowher in Pittsburgh.

He made himself a dictator so that he would not be overthrown again, and it was his undoing. At the same time, it made Wilson promise himself and publicly state "I'll never let that happen again." I believe him... unfortunately.

I love how you can tell right away Perry Fewell is no different than limp Dick Jauron. Is it because Perry didn't heal everyone on IR and win a Super Bowl by now? Look at the Bills roster for crying out loud.

Playing Brohm at best will get him sacked a bunch of times. At worst he will get injured behind our thrift store O line. That's why he doesn't want to play Brohm. The guy already had his confidence shattered in Green Bay. So let's finish him off in Buffalo just to satisfy bored impatient fans like you.

PTR