alabama

DELLAPELLE JOHN

this team could have 3 straight #1 recruiting classes, they are building a incredible team!

Could, yes. But I do believe Texas is making a pretty strong case this year.

Regardless, it should be at least another top 5 class though.

It's going to be fun to be a Bama fan for the next few years.

• 4 weeks later...
Remind me how many he had again? I remember one top 5, back in 2008. Was there a second during his tenure?

Regardless, he wasn't a good HC.

Yeah just a brief search, I think Rivals.com had them at #8 for three straight years, and at #2 for 2008. He also picked up national #1 recruit Jimmy Claussen and national #1 defensive player LB Manti Te'o amongst his recruitng classes.

Like you said, justnot a very good HC, and despite Te'o (which was considered a real coup for Weis to steal him from USC) he never got big time defensive talent to South Bend.

• 2 weeks later...

Some quick notes:

- WTF is with these teams signing 27, 28+ players? Is the attrition rate really that high that they can fit in under the 85 limit? I'm assuming several of these "recruits" will either JUCO or grayshirt. Still, it seems to skew the rankings (if that is really important anyway).

- Incredible job by Urban...not only does he improve his class after his "retirement" announcement, he managed to pull the wool over the eyes of top defense recruits for the SECOND time in two years. I'm sure these guys were told Edwards was coming to Buffalo before they signed their LOIs (just like with Mattison last year). ;)

-I'm not taking away from him, but does anyone have an easier job in the recruiting world than Mack Brown? Does even have to leave Austin to get a top 10 class? UT got 17 recruits in Rivals Top250 just from the state of Texas! Key-rist! People talk about Florida and California as talent hot beds, but Mack has it made in the shade down in the Alamo State. Not only is there an orgy of top talent, they all want to go to UT! The machine keeps rolling...

- Fck Lane Kiffin...I'm going to enjoy hating this clown for next few years. Hopefully the NCAA locates its nads and actually spanks them with a real penalty. If they allow Lane and his goon Orgeron to run their circus at USC, it's going to be a disgrace. Sad thing, it's the most likely outcome.

- Kelly managed a decent class, given it was a transition class. Got some solid guys late in the game after losing a few big timers earlier on. I don't think we had a legit shot and Henderson, but losing Martin, Leuders and Bernard and losing out on Ferguson kind of stung (especially the DEs which ND has lacked for years). Plus we signed a guy that had ZERO I-A offers on the table. WOAH! Either Kelly knows what he is doing or this is going to be ugly. Either way, I'll grade him on what he does next year.

- Great class for UCLA

- Not a bad job of Tennessee's coach keeping his class at least respectable despite Kiffin and Orgeron attacking like rabid hyenas. Could have been worse...

- Fck Lane Kiffin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.