Bills Inner Circle

Nevergiveup

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd suggest you not get in the middle of this silly ongoing personal tit for tat i've got going with a certain other poster. ... but since you're not willing to take a paycut, then i'm relieved to know that our ranks in the business won't swell any time soon.

jw

Your right. It is silly and I will stay out of it. I appreciate you covering the Bills. I am really only riding you because I have some extra time during the holiday. I probably should find something more constructive to do. Thanks for contributing to the topic. I really am interested in what will happen next.

Here we go again. Another internet hero flexing some cyber muscles who wants to butt in and attempt to discredit someone who covers the team. Morons.

I don't understand what you get out of ripping John for coming onto this board. If the guy leaves, it's idiots like you and spartacus who will be to blame.

Real winners we got here sometimes.

What part of what I said was not true?

- I would like more insight

- Would be taking a pay cut

- He probably has not trademarked the term "Inner Circle"

- and I did miss the 6 part ESPN series unless there never was one.

I did already attempt to make nice with him and I will refrain from further banter if it makes you feel better.

personally, i think what Mr. Wilson was trying to do, is not lie, by revealing the Bills were interested in Shanahan. it's why the team, afterward, sent out a press release noting it wasn't going to discuss its coaching search, which in an awkward -- yet truthful way -- is what i think Mr. Wilson meant to say when he told me he knew nothing about the guy.

jw

Not sure how to parse that first sentence, JW. Do you mean he was trying not to reveal that the Bills were interested in Shanahan? And, do you mean that you think he wasn't being truthful about not [really] knowing the man, Coach Shanahan? I take quotes from Ralph to be pretty close to his honest opinion. He rarely has shirked away from calling a spade a spade as far as I have seen.

It's perfectly in line with SOP that the Bills try to keep their cards close to the vest, of course. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Overdorf holds the purse strings, no?

And isn't Overdorf the one who has the say on letting free agents go? Isn't he the one who was put in charge of the financial and business side of the Bills, to mirror the role Brandon currently has on the football side? Wasn't it Overdorf who always fought with Polian when he was here?

I don't see how Overdorf could have influenced the drafts for the past decade- which still tells me that good 'ol Tommy Mo down in FL can stay down there permanently. He has had 9 drafts and has sucked at every one of them.

Guy has also brought in nothing but losers in free agency. He should be thrown out the door as well.

But I wonder, after Donahoe left, how much power exactly does the man responsible for the Bills salary structure (Overdorf) have, exactly?

Was it Littman or Overdorf that Polian always clashed with? I thought it was Littman.

Not sure how to parse that first sentence, JW. Do you mean he was trying not to reveal that the Bills were interested in Shanahan? And, do you mean that you think he wasn't being truthful about not [really] knowing the man, Coach Shanahan? I take quotes from Ralph to be pretty close to his honest opinion. He rarely has shirked away from calling a spade a spade as far as I have seen.

It's perfectly in line with SOP that the Bills try to keep their cards close to the vest, of course. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

sorry, you're right my awkwardly phrased response. was trying to squeeze that response inbetween takes on my T.O. piece today.

i think Mr. Wilson knows who Mike Shanahan is.

it's my belief that he provided the response that he didn't know anything about him, because it was his best way of saying "no comment" without saying "no comment." anything else -- even a no comment -- might have been construed as him confirming the team's interest, which he didn't want to do.

in my opinion, Mr. Wilson was being honest by providing an answer that was open to some interpretation. and, since the bills at that point had not talked to Shanahan, it could have been interpreted as Mr. Wilson saying he doesn't know anything about Shanahan's interest in the Bills nor what interest the Bills might have after speaking to him. it's also likely true they've never met except, perhaps, in passing.

that's my take.

as for playing cards close to their vest, that's the SOP, as you put it, of many teams. sabres, patriots, ub bulls (on their most recent coaching search) ... i can go on.

jw

sorry, you're right my awkwardly phrased response. was trying to squeeze that response inbetween takes on my T.O. piece today.

i think Mr. Wilson knows who Mike Shanahan is.

it's my belief that he provided the response that he didn't know anything about him, because it was his best way of saying "no comment" without saying "no comment." anything else -- even a no comment -- might have been construed as him confirming the team's interest, which he didn't want to do.

in my opinion, Mr. Wilson was being honest by providing an answer that was open to some interpretation. and, since the bills at that point had not talked to Shanahan, it could have been interpreted as Mr. Wilson saying he doesn't know anything about Shanahan's interest in the Bills nor what interest the Bills might have after speaking to him. it's also likely true they've never met except, perhaps, in passing.

that's my take.

as for playing cards close to their vest, that's the SOP, as you put it, of many teams. sabres, patriots, ub bulls (on their most recent coaching search) ... i can go on.

jw

Thanks for the clarification, jw. It is greatly appreciated. Yes, professional sports does tend towards the paranoid. :wallbash: The Bills just seem to be a little more to the right of the curve is all I meant. They never release any information about contract terms, etc. whereas other teams don't mind sharing a tad of information with the fans. It's not universal, of course. They did announce their decision to go with the no-huddle offense in mini-camps. :thumbsup:

1. Agree that the only indication of money being spent by the Bills has come from unsupported media speculation. Having eaten Dick's contract, any real NFL coach will require Ralph to fire the remaining staff which will not sit well with Littman. Expect Fewell to stay as HC or another craptacular has-been like Haslett who will be required to keep most of the existing staff. (It was the injuries in 2009, not bad coaching)

2. Disagree on GM. No one in the Bills organization has indicated that ANY changes will be made in the front office, let alone a total overhaul with a new GM. The most Ralph has said, is that he will consider the "possibility" of making changes in the front office and that was immediately after firing Dick. Now that he has calmed down, don't expect much. People are going to be sorely disappointed when next season starts with the Inner Circle Jerk intact, except for the likely addition of the 70 year old Buddy Nix.

3. Polian. Even with Polian, Ralph did not suddenly become an astute talent evaluator. At the time, Polian again was the cheap internal promotion- after Ralph's hand picked GM, Terry Bledsoe, failed miserably. Without a topflight consultant like Ron Wolf or an NFL executive search firm, the likelihood of the Bills obtaining a quality GM are next to nil.

so this is what constitutes a major revamp