My fear with Brian Brohm

frogger

We will learn nothing about how good Brian Brohm is. Typically it takes about 4 to 5 weeks of film for defenses to effectively scheme a QB, which explains why Mark Sanchez went from "Sanchise" to "Suck" around week 6. Even if Brohm plays well, it really doesn't mean anything in determining how good a player he is for next year. The best case scenario is that he sucks and its easy to determine he is not the answer. If he plays well, it may give the Bills false hope that he can be their QB next year and they might not be so inclined to take one in the draft with a high pick, which they desperately need to do...

Your premises is not very thoughtful, matter2003. We WOULD in fact learn something about Brohm in the same way that the Jets learned about Sanchez, and that is that is has a lot of ability and in time I have no doubt will put it together and be a fine QB. It's called a learning process, matter guy.... you know, like it takes time and experience....knock knock knock!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that Mr Brohm will look like the projected first pick he was suppose to be. By that I mean, he will come out against the 30th ranked pass defense and throw for 2 to 4 scores, and 250+ yards in a victory against the falcons. And remember this is an indoor game. While this is happening the Jets beat the colts, and during the game Manning gets roughed up a little.

Then next week, the colts rest Manning, and Brohm throws for 200+ yards and 2 scores in a victory over the colts.

That might sound great, but the colts have home field through the playoffs at that point. They are playing to not get injured.

So everyone in Buffalo is now thinking they have the QB of the future after all, these numbers project to 3600 yards passing and 40 TDs in a 16 game season. the problem of course being that neither team plays in the dreaded 3-4 defense, both play a similar defense to Buffalo. And Bufallo has made players look like hall of famers

And then the pain continues, we don't draft a QB even if Clauson is there. in 2010 Brohm comes out looking like the practice squad player the Packers made him, and suffer through the year again...then christmas 2010 we are talking about Locker.

Right. Then we go out in the first round and draft a spectacular college running back with a torn up knee in the first round and a 150 lb quick receiver in the second.

If Brohm comes out and shows that kind of potential then we are going in the right direction not the wrong......

We have other needs....but in the needs of OL and QB....we are going to have to decide which direction we are going to go

- I wanted Brohm when he came out in the draft....the kid looked great in college and put up the productive numbers.

- If Brohm shows promise....we go LT in the 1st round.....EASILY.....it would even be great if we could trade down a bit and pick up another good player because we need a LB or DT.

- This OL needs to be SEVERELY upgraded.....we will not get consistant QB play until that is solidified......It would also not break my heart if we just stand firm and take our LT with that top ten pick....we NEED talent there.

I disagree with your final paragraph, esp. the word SEVERELY! IMO given injury recovery I think that we are AT LEAST adequate at 4 of the 5 with LT obviously the kicker. That just might be our #1 draft choice.