Brohm, Hamdan and Fitz-Worst quarterback Trio in NFL History?

billsfreak

Yet many believe Brohm would be the first QB taken in this years draft if he renetered...

I bet you that almost all the NFL teams would choose Brohm over JP if you polled every team. JP has shown terrible tendencies in the NFL thus far, Brohm has NEVER gotten a chance to play and he is a SECOND year, yes SECOND year QB who has yet to get a chance to play because he was trapped behind the 5th best QB in the NFL and another young QB who the Packers love and felt would be more ready to play if Rodgers got hurt.

Man, the ignorance of some of the stuff on this board about Brohm is hysterical. I am not saying he is going to be good or great, only time will tell that. But the bottom line is that this kid is the first QB in the post Kelly era that we have had that has this much upside and we got him DIRT CHEAP compared to what it would have cost us if we draft a first round QB.

He was incredibly accurate, made good decisions, and has a cannon for an arm when he came out of college 1-1/2 years ago...so why dont we let the kid play and have an offseason to learn our system and develop rapport with the WR's before label him a bumb or a bust.

Who are the "many" people that believe that? Are they his relatives? Are they alive? Please list some of those many people, beside perhaps yourself.

If all teams would choose Brohm over JP why did he sit on the Packers practice squad for what 3 years and no other team except Buffalo made any move to claim him? Sounds like he was real wanted don't you think?

Go to Rotoworld, he is described as a "mitigated disaster" so far in the NFL.

Yes, you can get much worse! Ferrigammo, Mathison, and Kofler! (Bills 1985)

It might be close, but I don't think was quite as bad, Ferrigamo took a team to the Superbowl. Part of the reason the QB situation was so bad then was that the Bills used a first round pick on a QB out of Miami who wanted to play in Buffalo less than anything in the world, so he shunned them and went to a new upstart league that lasted 2 seasons. The current Bills seem like they have no plan to fix this disaster.

I would take Ferragamo and Reich anyday over what we have now. Reich is the best backup this organization will ever have (and a very underrated key to the Superbowl years) and Ferragamo took a team to the Superbowl. These 3 we have now can't find their own way into the lockerroom much less the Superbowl.

I would make Reich the Bills second best back-up QB. Darryl Lamonica, by virtue of his successful career in Oakland, would be the top back-up. He was used more as a relief QB than a back-up since Lou Saban would bring him in whenever Kemp was struggling, and often, DL would turn the game around. You rarely see that these days, most teams will stick with their starter even when its obvious it's not their day. If Kemp was having an off day, Saban got Lamonica in in time to reverse a games fortunes.

It might be close, but I don't think was quite as bad, Ferrigamo took a team to the Superbowl. Part of the reason the QB situation was so bad then was that the Bills used a first round pick on a QB out of Miami who wanted to play in Buffalo less than anything in the world, so he shunned them and went to a new upstart league that lasted 2 seasons. The current Bills seem like they have no plan to fix this disaster.

I listen on the radio in those days because we couldn't get the games on TV in Albany. all I remember hearing is "Ferrigamo drops back to pass...he let's it fly...interception!" 2-14 is all that needs to be said! It was much worse.

Can you get any worse than having Brohm, Hamdan and Fitz as the 3 quarterbacks on an NFL roster? Most teams their backup and emergency quarterback isn't anywhere near as bad as any of our three. Shows you the pitiful state that this organization is in right now and for the past decade for that matter. I don't think any of our 3 quarterbacks would be more than a #3 or a practice squad quarterback on about 95% of the NFL's teams.

Im not a football scout like yourself but I have yet to see Brohm and Hamdan play yet. :thumbsup:

I love how there are 2 guys that have never taken a regular season snap (or a snap at all) here in buffalo, and one has sucked the entire time because he's only been 3rd string other than in europe, and the other is a complete and total failure because he couldn't make the 2 qb roster behind a relatively young qb that is throwing up really good numbers, and his more experienced backup, and because of that he is a bust and is going to fail the instant he steps onto the field.

oh, and a guy who was a terrible qb, but made maybe 2 good passes/game to Evans and fumbled whilst scrambling, but said he liked buffalo has a better future than a 2nd year guy who hasnt had a chance to prove himself.

yup... real geniuses on this board

Agree with you. 100% and will add Im not sure they will be running my retirement portfolio either. Amazing how we can get a basis for opinion for someone we have yet to see. When I was five some one made me homemade applesause. I would not eat it because it was red. Applesause is not supposed to be red. My mom forced the last spoon down my mouth. I definately had the wrong oppinion then

Schaub's having a great year.

I would say that Russel, JPL, Frye---just for the high profile bust factor and overall suckitude.

If we had Schaub we would still be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Just ask Andre Johnson if he has the ability to get the ball downfield to his playmaking receivers. Schaub throws for more yardage per game than our QBs do per 5 or 6 games.

Im not a football scout like yourself but I have yet to see Brohm and Hamdan play yet. :thumbsup:

As long as both of them have been around, don't you think there is a reason why they haven't been let anywhere near the field during the regular season? Seems kinda obvious.

I listen on the radio in those days because we couldn't get the games on TV in Albany. all I remember hearing is "Ferrigamo drops back to pass...he let's it fly...interception!" 2-14 is all that needs to be said! It was much worse.

Ferragamo had a lot less talent around him than this team does, especially at the WR Position. In 1985, the only year Ferragamo spent on the Bills and he wasn't on the team the whole season, he had one veteran receiver, Jerry Butler who was in the second to last year of his career and was already having injury problems, a rookie Andre Reed, and a star studded list of WRs on their roster consisting of: Mitchell Brookins, Chris Burkett, Eric Richardson and Jimmy Teal. Compared to Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, James Hardy, etc have much more experience and success at that point of their careers.

I love how people make posts on here with no respect to the history of the game. One of your three is a mediocre NFL backup. That right there would qualify you as NOT the worst quarterback threesome in the history of the game!?! How about Charlie Frye, JaMarcus Russell and J.P. Losman? If you're trying to say that they really suck, then yes, you are correct, but if you're trying to literally say they're the worst ever, then read what people have been saying about the 1985 Bills and look at their numbers. What about the 1987 Bills during the strike!?!

I love how people make posts on here with no respect to the history of the game. One of your three is a mediocre NFL backup. That right there would qualify you as NOT the worst quarterback threesome in the history of the game!?! How about Charlie Frye, JaMarcus Russell and J.P. Losman? If you're trying to say that they really suck, then yes, you are correct, but if you're trying to literally say they're the worst ever, then read what people have been saying about the 1985 Bills and look at their numbers. What about the 1987 Bills during the strike!?!

Charlie Frye has without a doubt more potential than any of the 3 we have here, for that matter, Losman will probably turn out to have a better career than any of our 3 will. Try again, that comment failed.

Can you get any worse than having Brohm, Hamdan and Fitz as the 3 quarterbacks on an NFL roster? Most teams their backup and emergency quarterback isn't anywhere near as bad as any of our three. Shows you the pitiful state that this organization is in right now and for the past decade for that matter. I don't think any of our 3 quarterbacks would be more than a #3 or a practice squad quarterback on about 95% of the NFL's teams.

Rob Johnson, Alex Van Pelt, Travis Brown.

GREAT debate though!

As long as both of them have been around, don't you think there is a reason why they haven't been let anywhere near the field during the regular season? Seems kinda obvious.

Ok captian Obvious! or is it Captian Oblivious. We will find out Sunday. I dont know is all I am saying. Aparantly you do

Who are the "many" people that believe that? Are they his relatives? Are they alive? Please list some of those many people, beside perhaps yourself.

If all teams would choose Brohm over JP why did he sit on the Packers practice squad for what 3 years and no other team except Buffalo made any move to claim him? Sounds like he was real wanted don't you think?

Go to Rotoworld, he is described as a "mitigated disaster" so far in the NFL.

First off, rotoworld is your source...thats your problem right there...

Second, you CLEARLY have NO Knowledge of Brohm because you think he sat in GB for three years. HE WAS DRAFTED IN 2008!!!

This is his SECOND YEAR numb nuts...dont talk about which you dont know...admit it, your ONLY knowledge of Brohm is that he came from a PS and your dumb note from rotoworld (which is meaningless gibberish written by someone else who doesnt know anything about Brohm)...Read the pro scouting reports about him (many have been posted here) that show many teams and scouts had him graded higher than Flacco and Ryan.