Nah, no problem with the Strength and Conditioning Coach!! 17

Thurman#1

This needs to be said:

Those claiming that strength and condition is directly related to number of injuries as a fact aren't realizing that they're the conspiracy theorists. Can all of that group of people please stop continually pretending like there is any evidence to your claim. It is completely hypothetical. Sure, it could be true. But right now it's a myth. That's alright, though. You can continue to support your theory, just remember to refer to it as one. It gets annoying reading people who pretend like there is definitely a direct relation.

Yeah, you're right. Has it been proven? No. Is there an awful lot of evidence supporting it? Yeah.

Stuff like this is unlikely to ever be proven, because there is no way to eliminate other factors. But again, there is an awful lot of supporting evidence.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs to be said:

Those claiming that strength and condition is directly related to number of injuries as a fact aren't realizing that they're the conspiracy theorists. Can all of that group of people please stop continually pretending like there is any evidence to your claim. It is completely hypothetical. Sure, it could be true. But right now it's a myth. That's alright, though. You can continue to support your theory, just remember to refer to it as one. It gets annoying reading people who pretend like there is definitely a direct relation.

Yeah, you're right. Has it been proven? No. Is there an awful lot of evidence supporting it? Yeah.

Stuff like this is unlikely to ever be proven, because there is no way to eliminate other factors. But again, there is an awful lot of supporting evidence.

This needs to be said:

Yeah, you're right it has never been proven. But in a milieu like this, virtually nothing can ever be proven. Do teams that run more win more successfully? Or is it that teams that are winning run more? This stuff can never be proven, because there are just too many other factors to consider. Which is the same as this question.

So has it ever been proven? No. But is there a great deal of supporting evidence? Yes, absolutely.

I said "retarded," retard. And I provided a link to a post of mine which is very specific. Perhaps you should follow it. Learn something without being the little d-bag that makes the learned repeat themselves. Then again you started this thread, so evidently you need things repeated multiple times:

LINK.

You're right, you did say "retarded." Thanks for pointing that out. It makes you look so much more mature and intelligent.

And I've got a clue for you if you would like people to follow your links. Don't title the link "This thread and everyone calling for a new Strength and Conditioning Coach are !@#$ing retarded."

I don't know where you were brought up, but where I'm from, that's not the kind of an invitation that people actually follow. It's more like a big flashing orange highway sign saying "Danger! Blowhard Ahead! Take an Alternate Route!"

Jerry Sullivan's article in todays Buffalo News does shed some light on this.

Parcells, when coming onboard with the Dolphins, looked at the injuries from the year before.

"ATLANTA — Two years ago at this time, Bill Parcells became executive vice president of the Miami Dolphins — their football "czar", if you will — and undertook a thorough, unsparing review of the franchise's foundering operation.

One of the first things Parcells did was ask for information on injuries. Parcells is an old school guy. He favors big, strong, well-conditioned players. He said he didn't know all the reasons for the injuries. But something had to change.

"Either the athletes aren't good enough to keep from getting hurt, or they're not in good enough condition to avoid them," Parcells said at the time.

A few days later, Parcells fired Miami's strength and and conditioning coach, Matt Schiotz, and his assistant Brad Ohrt. Thus began the Dolphins' one-year transformation from a 1-15 season to the '08 AFC East champions.

Miami put 16 players on season-ending injured reserve the year before Parcells arrived. This past week, the Bills put Jairus Byrd and Terrence McGee on injured reserve, increasing the season total to 18. Two years ago, they led the NFL with 19."

Now, when someone who knows what they are doing speaks, it would be wise to listen.

I wonder if Rusty would come back...

For anyone who has actually played a sport, you know how the body responds when you're not in top condition - not favorably. Most of the time, these injuries are small and nagging, but there is a bigger issue at hand. I have yet to see anyone bring up the fact that a poor conditioned body, also leads to quicker mental fatigue. This in turn leads to terrible decision making, poor technique, and laziness. Thus, creating an ideal situation for the body to become more seriously injured. There is a correlation regarding injuries and playing against players who are in better shape. There are also freak and/or unavoidable injuries. What Buffalo has shown these last 3 years, is a trend. The S&C staff needs to be replaced...

For anyone who has actually played a sport, you know how the body responds when you're not in top condition - not favorably. Most of the time, these injuries are small and nagging, but there is a bigger issue at hand. I have yet to see anyone bring up the fact that a poor conditioned body, also leads to quicker mental fatigue. This in turn leads to terrible decision making, poor technique, and laziness. Thus, creating an ideal situation for the body to become more seriously injured. There is a correlation regarding injuries and playing against players who are in better shape. There are also freak and/or unavoidable injuries. What Buffalo has shown these last 3 years, is a trend. The S&C staff needs to be replaced...

agreed.

Everything on the Bills this decade has been, well...mediocre.

Parcells is a wizard at what he does. For him to look at the injury list of the Dolphins from the year before, and use that as an integral step in improving the players output, speaks volumes.

And I'm sure Ralph can't be happy paying millions of dollars to players who are on IR. Players who should be on the field helping to win games.

I think the key phrase from the Sullivan article today is Parcells stating: ""Either the athletes aren't good enough to keep from getting hurt, or they're not in good enough condition to avoid them,".

Reminds one of our current Buffalo team, eh?