Losman- FWIW

KCNC

Q: How well do you see J.P. Losman playing in Buffalo when he finally gets the nod, which I will assume will be within a year? I think he has some good young talent to work with on offense, and could develop well with Lee Evans, Willis McGahee and Eric Moulds for another year or two.—Ed, Brockport, N.Y.

A: He looks like a loose cannon to me. I haven't had an opportunity to study him closely, but if his reputation as a cocksure gunslinger is true, it will take him a longer time to develop because patience and prudence won't be among his strong suits. On his side are three offensive coaches with reputations for developing quarterbacks: Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements and Sam Wyche. Kordell Stewart gave Clements much credit in Pittsburgh. Losman may require the kind of close scrutiny and patience that Brett Favre got from Mike Holmgren, Steve Mariucci, Andy Reid and others in Green Bay. It is true that Buffalo has talent, but this will not be the kind of ready-made situation that Ben Roethlisberger benefits from in Pittsburgh.

Q: How well do you see J.P. Losman playing in Buffalo when he finally gets the nod, which I will assume will be within a year? I think he has some good young talent to work with on offense, and could develop well with Lee Evans, Willis McGahee and Eric Moulds for another year or two.—Ed, Brockport, N.Y.

A: He looks like a loose cannon to me. I haven't had an opportunity to study him closely, but if his reputation as a cocksure gunslinger is true, it will take him a longer time to develop because patience and prudence won't be among his strong suits. On his side are three offensive coaches with reputations for developing quarterbacks: Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements and Sam Wyche. Kordell Stewart gave Clements much credit in Pittsburgh. Losman may require the kind of close scrutiny and patience that Brett Favre got from Mike Holmgren, Steve Mariucci, Andy Reid and others in Green Bay. It is true that Buffalo has talent, but this will not be the kind of ready-made situation that Ben Roethlisberger benefits from in Pittsburgh.

125534[/snapback]

Who the hell said this? BTW...I compare him exactly to favre.

125534[/snapback]

Cocksure?? That's got to be a good thing...right? :D

I really hope Losman is good, but it does seem that everyone here is just assuming he is good! His pre-draft scouting reports were all a mixed bag. Not saying nothing, I'm just saying....