The 2010 Starting Lineup

The Big Cat

Hangartner is better than Incognito. Hangartner isn't bad. he is fine. If we are going to replace anyone, it might as well be our bad players. Incognito is a good short term fix, but I don't want him as a long term fix. Are we really that bad of a team that we take a player and start him who was cut from one of the worst teams in the league?

He was their best Guard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a crack:

QB: Chad Pennington

RB: Fred Jackson

WR: Lee Evans

WR: Mark Clayton

TE: Shawn Nelson

TE: Derek Fine

LT: Russell Okung

LG: Andy Levitre

C: Eric Wood

RG: Kendall Simmons

RT: Brad Butler

DE: Aaron Schobel

DT: Marcus Stroud

DT: Kyle Williams

DE: Aaron Maybin (please let this be a good idea)

LB: Paul Posluszny

LB: Kawika Mitchell

LB: Bryan Scott

CB: Leodis McKelvin

CB: Terrence McGee

FS: Jarius Byrd

SS: George Wilson.

Still, I think at least one of the jobs up there will go to our 2nd round pick, and there may be at least one more UFA starter, unless the new FO just blows the thing up.

Scott weighs 218 maybin will be an LB and Wilson will get traded.

Incognito sounds like this weeks flavor at best.

My since is that likely he is here for either a 3 week tryout which will see him somehow win at least the minds and man up an apologize to Kavika Mitchell personally and to the league publicly for the transgressions which earned him major fines.

If he were to do all this and play pretty well then there is a possibility the Bills might keep him.

On the other hand if he shows any signs of the old mania and acting out which earned him the fines and publicly getting called out by a teammate then it probably does not matter as he gets cut because he is actually gonna be a real cancer on this team.

At most Incognito seems to be here because Simmons whom the Bills hired out of desperation got hurt and we are now turning to Desperation +1.

LT-1st Round Pick

LG- Levitre

C - Hangartner

RG- Incognito (Wood if healthy, i've seen nothing to suggest he would be ready by TC)

RT - Butler

Free agency has quite a few good OLBs, even without a new CBA, would not be surprised if one is brought from there. What did you do with Mitchell?

This looks promising and if Wood does come back and can play Center, I would be very happy with the lineup.

reading all the projected lineups for 2010, it looks like a repeat of this year. Why bring back the same players who have failed year after year? I doubt Parcells could coach this team to the playoffs, forget about Fewell, or any other coach for that matter. If we bring back more than two guys from this OL next year, expect more of the same.

I am past the point of "a few players away" from being a playoff team! We really need to stop having Wilson, an ex WR, Scott, an ex safety, and all the other rejects this team has picked up during the course of the year being MAJOR contributors to this team, if we are serious about being a playoff caliber team.

If they bring back half of the players most of the posts have as starters, expect 11 years running of non playoff football. Oh. I'm sure they will play hard, just enough to lose. There is an old saying that goes something like this. If you keep expecting crap, you will keep getting crap. We Bills fans have been getting crapped on by this team for a decade now!

Time to say enough is enough!

reading all the projected lineups for 2010, it looks like a repeat of this year. Why bring back the same players who have failed year after year? I doubt Parcells could coach this team to the playoffs, forget about Fewell, or any other coach for that matter. If we bring back more than two guys from this OL next year, expect more of the same.

I am past the point of "a few players away" from being a playoff team! We really need to stop having Wilson, an ex WR, Scott, an ex safety, and all the other rejects this team has picked up during the course of the year being MAJOR contributors to this team, if we are serious about being a playoff caliber team.

If they bring back half of the players most of the posts have as starters, expect 11 years running of non playoff football. Oh. I'm sure they will play hard, just enough to lose. There is an old saying that goes something like this. If you keep expecting crap, you will keep getting crap. We Bills fans have been getting crapped on by this team for a decade now!

Time to say enough is enough!

Here I thought Jauron was the problem. :rolleyes:

Also, I think you're drastically underestimating what this "team of losers" can do with a competent quarterback.

I'm amazed at the variety of lineups generated in this thread, for better or for worse.

I think the biggest clunkers were me putting Cog at center (though I maintain him, Wood, and Levitre > Handy, Wood, Levitre), someone said Kendall Simmons would be our starting RG (yikes, bro), and anybody who thinks we need to go out and find a TE (Nelson is doing just fine).

But the consensus seems to be that our biggest needs are SOLB, QB, and LT. Admittedly, I'm only well versed on QB prospects, and I haven't seen a list of potential free-agents. What do we got, TSW?

QB: (as previously mentioned) I like Pike and LeFevour, but think we also need to bring in a FA Vet with starting experience.

LOLB:

LT:

Pennington? that's the best QB you could come up with? Sounds like a Jauron target for QB

I'll take a crack:

QB: Chad Pennington

RB: Fred Jackson

WR: Lee Evans

WR: Mark Clayton

TE: Shawn Nelson

TE: Derek Fine

LT: Russell Okung

LG: Andy Levitre

C: Eric Wood

RG: Kendall Simmons

RT: Brad Butler

DE: Aaron Schobel

DT: Marcus Stroud

DT: Kyle Williams

DE: Aaron Maybin (please let this be a good idea)

LB: Paul Posluszny

LB: Kawika Mitchell

LB: Bryan Scott

CB: Leodis McKelvin

CB: Terrence McGee

FS: Jarius Byrd

SS: George Wilson.

Still, I think at least one of the jobs up there will go to our 2nd round pick, and there may be at least one more UFA starter, unless the new FO just blows the thing up.

OK I will give it a shot!

QB - 1st string-Brian Brohm, Back up- Ryan Fitzpatrick, 3rd string 2nd round draft pick

RB - Fred Jackson

RB - Marshawn Lynch

WR - Lee Evans

WR - James Hardy/Steve Johnson

slot WR - Josh Reed

TE - Shawn Nelson

LT - FA signing or trade/Demetrious Bell

LG - Levitre

C - Hartgartner

RG - Woods

RT - Butler

defense 3-4 switch

DE - Schobel/Johnson

NT - ICOGNITO

DE - Stroud/Kelsey (Trade Denney for LB depth)

ROLB - Mitchell

RILB - rookie McClain/Draft

LILB - Posloszny

LILB - Maybin/Harris

SS - Whitner

FS - Byrd

CB - McGee

CB - McKelvin

Nickel - Florence/Corner

K & P - no change

Here I thought Jauron was the problem. :rolleyes:

Also, I think you're drastically underestimating what this "team of losers" can do with a competent quarterback.

I didn't say this was a team of "losers". They are very untalented, in NFL terms. Even with Joe Namath at QB. I don't think it makes much of a difference. IMHO. :lol:

QB- No clue.Best FA available / draft a qb 2nd or 3rd round let him learn the first year. Maybe Pike

HB1- Jackson

HB1A- Lynch

WR- Evans

WR- No clue. Best FA, or Johnson, or Hardy Hold and all out competition

TE- Nelson

LT- Best FA/Draft available Agreed

LG- Levitre - Hold an all out competition. Levitre has a good motor but can get abused at times because of size. He has

brought stability to the position but we can still use an upgrade if we want to compete for a championship.

C- Incognito - Wood should go here put him back to his original spot. Hangartner had problem hiking the ball to Edward

when in the shot gun for many games and often gets beat.

RG- Wood - A guard should be attained in the draft or FA and hold a competition.

RT- Butler - No way. We should attain two tackles, one in FA and one in the draft with the idea of starting.

---------------

DT- Williams - Love Kyles motor but he tends to get dominated because of size. We need to get bigger and stronger,

smaller and quicker on the line doesn't cut it unless you are exceptional and Kyle isn't.

DT- Stroud - No longer a probowler but is arguably the best lineman we have. We should draft a lineman no later than 4th.

DE- Kelsay - Should be alternating with Maybin. A DE should be in our draft or FA plans.

DE- Schobel - Still has a good motor he should stay because we simply can't replace our entire defense.

MLB- Poz - LB is a huge issue. I know Poz is a fan favorite and there are many that see him better than Ray Lewis or

Patrick Willis...he isn't. I agree with the Rolando McLain pick he is faster, stronger, and smarter than any LB we

presently have...best prosect since Ray Lewis..get him.

SOLB- Best FA/Draft available - I would move Poz here. This is his natural position and his instincts would be

better suited here and not in the middle. I feel we will need to draft 2 LB's one. we need to draft LB's as we

have CB's in the past. You never have enough good LB'sWOLB- Harris See the above. Harris showed good

in preseason but our Defense needs size as well. Lets not annoint people based on draft position let people

honestly earn their spot. SS- Wilson - Between Witner, Byrd, Harris and Wilson we should be able to

figure this one out for the safeties.

FS- Byrd

Needs: LT, QB, SOLB

(LB's, OL, DL, QB's either draft or FA don't hesitate with bringing in more talent at the RB or WR spot as well) We have a defense that will be ranked between 20 and 30. Adding one or two people is like saying we are almost there. We need to evaluate every position in our front 7 and upgrade. If we want to improve we need to get away from the Jauron / Levy way of thinking and take more of a kick ass approach.

My favorites for QB: We need to pick up a vet but for rookies: LeFevour or Pike (both should be available in the second round)

( I like the Pike choice )

For SOLB: People are excited about McClain, but I don't see a lot of speed from him. Am I wrong about this? Who else should be available in draft/FA?

(You are clearly wrong on this one. I have seen him play several games..he is a hitter, a sure tackler and plays the pass well. These are 3 things that we presently do not get consistantly out of the position. When he hits, people feel it, he creates the turnover as well, and the opposing rb's don't drag him and extra 3 yards after initial contact. We presently do not have a LB that could start on a top 5 defense...none.)

I don't pretend to know anything about LT prospects, rookies or otherwise.

Most notable omissions: Whitner, Mitchell, Schouman, Ellison.

( All have starting experience and can be depth players as well. I would include Kelsey and Poz on this list as well. Whitner and Poz dissapoint me the most because we passed up quality players for mediocre ones. Whitner not deserving of being picked 8th and Poz not deserving of losing a draft pick to move up in the 2nd round. Both play like 4th or 5th rounders )

QB - Brian Brohm or draft pick / free agent Dan LeFevour, etc.

RB - Fred Jackson

RB - Marshawn Lynch

WR - Lee Evans

WR - Steve Johnson

WR - James Hardy

TE - Shawn Nelson

LT - Russell Okung or big name, established free agent

LG - Andy Levitre

C - Draft pick or free agent

RG - Eric Wood (obviously if healthy)

RT - Not on the roster (I would say Brad Butler but he never stays healthy).

Switch to a 3-4

DE - Aaron Schobel

NT - Not on roster presently (backup is Kyle Williams)

DE - Not on roster presently (DE backup is Spencer Johnson)

ROLB - Aaron Maybin

ILB - Not on roster presently

ILB - Paul Posluszny

LOLB - Nic Harris

CB - Terrence McGee

CB - Leodis McKelvin

SS - George Wilson

FS - Jairus Byrd

I don't understand why some people want to flush the entire team, and start over. I understand our team has been terrible, but not everyone is bad. We just need good coaching and few players. Most of all, we need to stay healthy. I don't know of any team that can compete when they placed 1/4 of their team on injured reserves. The offensive line has only 1 player playing every game at the same position. ONE O-LINE MAN!!!! That's all. If you have no idea what the person next to you is going to do, it's hard to be a blocking wall.

Where is the free-agent left tackle going to come from, since that is the hardest position to fill via free-agency. Good starting LT do not go to free-agency. 3-4 nose tackle is not easy to find. We don't have one on our team, and not having one would make our run defense even worse next year.

If the offense can even out the time-of-possession and have a lead more often, that will help our defense in that they will not be so tired out in the 4th quarter. Most games, you can see the defensive players are having trouble running to the ball because they are so worn out. Defense can use more depth on the D-line, and another starting LB, to go with Poz and Mitchell.

I think our biggest issue is finding a QB and a LT. I don't know if Bell is that LT but he could be. We could get one in the draft for insurance.