Bills claim Incognito

I agree he is a perfect fit. As long as the Bills are being so penalized anyway, why not inflict some damage on the other team?

I'll trade 3 false starts for 1 personal foul every day of the week.

I was at that Cleveland monstrosity and I swear to God if another Bill false started I was going to have to be removed from the building.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll trade 3 false starts for 1 personal foul every day of the week.

I was at that Cleveland monstrosity and I swear to God if another Bill false started I was going to have to be removed from the building.

Pure coincidence that the false starts have gone way down since they scrapped the idiotic no-huddle offense.

First post but a possibility not mentioned:

new left tackle ---- levitre ---- wood ---- incognito ---- butler

Bench : bell, meridith, simmons, hangartner

for the new lt, early pick, or maybe a free agent? I know it's hard to find a good lt on the open market, but an example I know is the saints have bushrod and brown coming up on contracts, Both expire this year depending on the labor agreement -- would probably be hard for them to sign both?

i like that lineup. if we get a decent LT (and the thing is it seems like there are 5 every year in the 1st round) at RT we also have meridith and bell who might improve and actually beat out butler (who i think is good, but the young guys have more raw talent).

now if brohm snaps into being the guy he was in school, we got a winner!

Just got the chance to run through the last couple of Rams games. Have to say WOW about this guy. Granted I'm only looking at about 2 1/2 games, but he seems talented as hell. Saw him miss 1 block the whole time and saw him throwing people around quite a bit. He does seem slightly off his game when he's running in space, but even then he was making good blocks.

The problems:

The thing I saw most often was that he hits people from behind A LOT. It's like he just wants to keep blocking and hitting until the play is over, and just doesn't care how he does it. Seems like it would be an easy fix if he cared at all to do it. Apparently he doesn't.

I think the "anger issues" and overreacting stem from what I just said above. He hits hard and he hits until the whistle blows (through the whistle maybe, but from what I saw not too late), and it pisses people off. Add to to that blocking people from behind, and I think the other teams' players retaliate. Once they start pushing or even trash talking, he goes too far with it.

The last game, the head butt was flat out stupid and in response to the other player jawing at him after Incognito kept up his blocking throughout the play. It was good, physical, nasty blocking. If he could just ignore the trash talk, it would have been fine.

The second penalty should not have been on him. Once again he blocked until he heard the whistle. Once again he hit a Titan player hard late in the play....but it was legal. Another Titan got pissed about it and hit him (well after the play was over). They didn't show anything after that so I'm not sure what RC did in return, but it was in retaliation. Once again stupid, but he wasn't acting "crazy" and just randomly hitting people (kind of the sense I got from what I was hearing). At that point I think he got the penalty due to reputation more than anything.

As I said in an earlier post, if he has had these same problems since his college days it's doubtful he straightens up now. But man he looks extremely talented to me. Guess I'll hope for the best and expect the worst, as any good Bills fan will.

Your call on his fouls in the Titans game is exactly right. The second was marginal/undeserved but the problem is that he is a marked man as far as the officials are concerned.

Richie is a good person. Note we are not talking about off-field issues, of which there are none. He is also not unintelligent. A lot of players score well below his 32 wonderlic. His problem is anger management on the field.

Contrary to what Ramsfan has said, you are also 100% right about the talent - it is there in significant quantity. If this guy can learn to play under control he is a pro-bowl talent at guard. If he cannot he will probably wind up out of football. The difference to him will be much greater than the difference to Billsfans. Will he be able to control himself - unfortunately the presumption is against him being able to do that but of course it could happen. I can remember an interview with Anthony Hargrove (another ex-Ram basket case) after his next to last suspension. It was apparent he understood perfectly well what the problem was, whose fault it was, and what the consequences might be. AH is an intelligent person too, just like Ritchie. Unfortunately behavioral problems are insidious to correct even when the person is perfectly cognizant of the p[roblem.