Fantasy Football semi-finals lineup help

Fezmid

League is a point per 10 yards (rushing/receiving), 6 for a TD for WR/TE/RB, and a point per 20 yards passing, 3 for a passing TD for QB.

My current starting lineup looks like this:

Phillip Rivers, QB

Steven Jackson, RB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Roddy White, WR

Marques Colston, WR

Tony Gonzalez, TE

Robbie Gould, K

Packers defense

My bench has these players:

Kurt Warner, QB

Fred Jackson, RB

Reggie Bush, RB

Samkon Gado, RB (in case Jackson got hurt)

Terrell Owens, WR

Pierre Garcon, WR, Indy

I also have the option of using 3 receivers and dropping the TE.

So I'm unsure who to start this week. To make matters worse, Indy plays on Thursday - so it doesn't give me a lot of time to see how the other guys do. For example, Roddy White has been nursing a bad knee and is missing his starting QB and RB in Atlanta. He also goes up against Reeves from the Jets, so I'm thinking about benching him and putting Garcon in his place, since the Colts face Jax, and may rest Wayne.

I think I'm set with HB, unless Steven Jackson's back starts to bother him, in which case I need to decide between the other three guys. Bush is hit-or-miss, Gado is a backup for a reason, and Jackson faces NE (who he did well against in week 1).

If I win the game this week, I'm in the Superbowl and am guaranteed some cash so this is important! :thumbsup:

Any opinions on my lineup are welcome :)

I'm in a similar boat as you, win this week and I make the championship game and guaranteed a nice payout. Lose this week and I get zippy!

For your roster, I'd be inclined to go with Warner this week at QB. Rivers is playing a very tough and hungry Cinci Defense. Warner has a good track record of bouncing back from bad games and they are playing a lousy Detroit pass defense in climate controlled conditions. Even if Fitzgerald is injured, they have ample weapons to throw to.

People sleep on how good the Jets D is. I think you keep Tony G. on the bench and play Garcon. I also have Fred Jackson and will play him this week vs. NE. His last two games vs the Pats have been very productive and I know the Bills REALLY want to end this ridiculous losing streak to NE. I think Fred and Lynch get a good amt of carries and Fewell likes the way Jackson runs better so he will see the majority.

I have the other Indy problem since Reggie Wayne is one of my starting WR's. Do I play him? or insert Ahmad Bradshaw even though i already play Brandon Jacobs? I could either start the Giants backfield or just use Jacobs and a very iffy Reggie Wayne.

Initially I was leaning towards Warner, but I'm worried about his hip and his concussion... That's why I'm thinking about keeping Rivers.

I think I'll put Garcon in for Roddy White right now, and then see how White progresses during the rest of the week to determine if I put White or Gonzoles in...

Pretty sure I'm going to keep my runningbacks the same -- Fred Jackson is just too inconsistent I think.

I'd prolly keep your roster the way it is except maybe switch White for Garcon. Garcon gets alot of looks from Peyton, White is playing against Revis as someone mentioned. New England has only allowed 3 Rushing TDs this year, so I'm not sure if you want to start Freddy. You might want to think about Warner as well. I'd always start someone against Detroit. Worst in the league against the pass.

I agree that Warner looks like the better lay then Rivers at this point. Of course I'm partial to Warner as I have him in my league too. In terms of your WR/TE dilemma. Revis has done a great job at locking up WRs this year and with Roddy White on the mend it might be the time to bench him. Yet to me the alternative wouldn't be Gaurcon it would be TO. As Gaurcon has to compete for balls in Indy with Ausitn Collie and Reggie Wayne. Whereas TO is clearly Fitzpatrick's go to guy and he's been hot of late with TDs in 3 of his last 4 games and the NE secondary struggling of late.

I agree that Warner looks like the better lay then Rivers at this point. Of course I'm partial to Warner as I have him in my league too. In terms of your WR/TE dilemma. Revis has done a great job at locking up WRs this year and with Roddy White on the mend it might be the time to bench him. Yet to me the alternative wouldn't be Gaurcon it would be TO. As Gaurcon has to compete for balls in Indy with Ausitn Collie and Reggie Wayne. Whereas TO is clearly Fitzpatrick's go to guy and he's been hot of late with TDs in 3 of his last 4 games and the NE secondary struggling of late.

The reason I'm concerned with Warner is due to his concussion and hip problems. Is he going to play well this week? Seems like a gamble, but it's one I've been considering as well.

In Indy, I'm expecting that Wayne won't play all that much since the Colts have the #1 seed wrapped up, so I think he'd get to play more due to that. I've thought about TO, but he's so streaky it's hard to say...

So many decisions, and won't know the right one until Monday!!! But keep throwing out suggestions - gives me more to think about. :thumbsup:

The reason I'm concerned with Warner is due to his concussion and hip problems. Is he going to play well this week? Seems like a gamble, but it's one I've been considering as well.

In Indy, I'm expecting that Wayne won't play all that much since the Colts have the #1 seed wrapped up, so I think he'd get to play more due to that. I've thought about TO, but he's so streaky it's hard to say...

So many decisions, and won't know the right one until Monday!!! But keep throwing out suggestions - gives me more to think about. :lol:

i would also lean towards starting Warner this week for all the reasons mentioned above -- his problems you mentioned wouldn't worry me. the plus for Rivers is that they are at home.

sit White. Revis. enough said. start Garcon as a strong play against a weak Jags pass D, but not because Wayne might be limited because there is no proof that will be the case. Owens looks good to me this week as teams have been shredding the Pats pass D lately, if Fitzy can get him the ball, that is....

Ouch! I won't say it but think you know what I'm thinking... :lol:

Garcon was looking good until he hurt his hand. Didn't see the field during the 2nd-4th quarters. :lol: Otherwise I think he would've been a good play. (that, and TO was sick yesterday... So didn't want to risk him not playing - I hate these Thursday night games :P )

On the bright side, my opponent had Dallas Clark - but benched him because he thought the Colts wouldn't play their starters very long. I dodged a huge bullet there. :unsure:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.