Is Wood going to play again...

Thoner7

Wood was/is my favortie player on the team. This basically stems from me having a man crush on lineman and the fact that on numerous plays I would watch as Wood drove some poor DL ten yards downfield before throwing him onto another defensive player. However I feel I may curse him as every jersey I ever buy (Bledsoe, McGahee, Henry, Spikes, and now Whitner) seem to play themselves off of the team one way or another. I dont want to curse the man and be left with another wasted jersey....

So what has everyone heard about Wood/think about Woods injury?

My other choice is K Dawg Williams.

Well they said that it was a clean break of the tibby and fibby and that is the most important part regarding this unfortunate situation. He should be able to come back 6-8 months after he had the surgery. Time will tell...

The surgeon reported that the surgery was "successful", meaning that he was able to repair the fractures without loss of bone. This doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be able to play again. That will depend on how well the bones heal and how his rehab goes. By all accounts, he's a tough kid, so his pain tolerance is probably quite high. He'll need that for the early portion of the rehab. He has to work the leg to prevent muscle and tendon atrophy, but it's going to hurt to do it.

Some guys have come back from this injury with no issues, while others haven't. It depends on the exact nature ofthe break and where it occured, how it heals, and the rehab. I hope he makes it back with a nasty attitude towards opposing defensive linemen.