Goerge Wilson

mikedeering

Nick mendola (from wgr550) who sometimes says very valid things and makes great points about the bills completely fails to mention Goerge wilson as a player the bills should definately plan on keeping next year. Folks, Wilson is a beast. He makes whitner look like a child out there. I am a huge Jarius byrd fan and see a ton of potential in him ( needs to learn to tackle) but I honestly would prefer him over any of the other safeties we currently have. Pay attention to the guys in and around the ball Wilson is ALWAYS there, he is also a big time locker room guy. Pay attention to him on the sidelines at games he is constantly barking it seems like this guy never shuts his mouth and then he goes out and backs it up by ripping dudes heads off all day long. If hes not our starting safety next year I will be pissed. Donte whitner is awful and is a back up at best. Anyone else see any main guys leaving by offseason or any surprise players starting here next year? (i.e drayton florence) who has been hot fire the last threegames.

Nick mendola (from wgr550) who sometimes says very valid things and makes great points about the bills completely fails to mention Goerge wilson as a player the bills should definately plan on keeping next year. Folks, Wilson is a beast. He makes whitner look like a child out there. I am a huge Jarius byrd fan and see a ton of potential in him ( needs to learn to tackle) but I honestly would prefer him over any of the other safeties we currently have. Pay attention to the guys in and around the ball Wilson is ALWAYS there, he is also a big time locker room guy. Pay attention to him on the sidelines at games he is constantly barking it seems like this guy never shuts his mouth and then he goes out and backs it up by ripping dudes heads off all day long. If hes not our starting safety next year I will be pissed. Donte whitner is awful and is a back up at best. Anyone else see any main guys leaving by offseason or any surprise players starting here next year? (i.e drayton florence) who has been hot fire the last threegames.

I agree..Wilson is a nice surprise this year...

Wish we would have kept Jabari too

It was McGee or Jabari...could not afford both.

Whitner is looking like a bust indeed. Sucks, when will we ever land a stud player in the draft.

I keep on getting torn between whether or not it's our drafting that sucks, or if it's our coaching. A large part of "drafting" a stud player is actually developing them, and that has definitely played a part here. How our coaches manage to develop players like Wilson and McGee, all the while failing to do the same with Whitner is beyond me...

I've been impressed with his improvement at safety between last year and this. Not surprising I guess because the position was brand new to him. I would sure like to keep him...hasn't hit the ceiling yet.

Jauron's one shining moment. Jauron gushed about Wilson as a person and player which is what led the staff into deciding to give him a shot at safety.

I always respected Wilson's play. He gives 100% every time he is out there, but I never saw him as a starter.

These last few weeks have changed my mind. Wilson and Bryan Scott are better Strong Safties than Whitner is. Whitner looks much better at Free Safety, but we can not deny that Jairus Byrd is a ball hawk, even though he needs to get better at tackling.

I think the Bills have given Whitner every opportunity to be a stand out player in the secondary, and he has not lived up to expectations.

I think the Bills should get rid of Whitner, let Byrd be the starting Free Safety and let Scott & Wilson battle for the Strong Safety spot. Scott & Wilson may not be pro-bowlers, but they do a good job on the field and make a better impact on the team than Whitner does.