Ted Thompson - Green Bay

Hsp08

How about spending money on prying Ted Thompson away from Green Bay?

I think he has done a decent job of re-building the Packers back to respectability...even with Favre leaving.

He too works in a small market but seems to have a solid footing and direction for the Packers.

Please don't flame me...just a thought!

I think he has done a decent job of re-building the Packers back to respectability...even with Favre leaving.

He too works in a small market but seems to have a solid footing and direction for the Packers.

Why would he want to leave a rebuilding project he is close to completing?

I would like thompson. He may be fired after this year anyway if the pack starts losing

Oh and Charlie Casserly really? The same guy who drafted David Carr then did nothing to improve the texans oline. The guy who hired Dom Capers as a hc? Charlie Friggen Casserly? He doesn't exactly have a good track record

Why use facts? lol

And take it from someone who is actually a Packers fan as well as a Bills fan...Thompson isn't getting fired..especially if they win monday

I have in-laws in eastern WI, and they all hate Thompson for various reasons.

They spent a high draft pick on Brohm, who ended up on the practice squad while a 7th round pick beat him out in camp, for one.

The Favre thing was another.

I can't remember the other reasons....

We don't want him.

Oh and Charlie Casserly really? The same guy who drafted David Carr then did nothing to improve the texans oline. The guy who hired Dom Capers as a hc? Charlie Friggen Casserly? He doesn't exactly have a good track record

Yup that is him! Do some research before you speak next time...

He is the same guy who drafted SUPER Mario Williams ahead of Reggie "I've Done Squat" Bush. That worked out WELL!

Now for his real work in Washington:

1. How about being the guy who brought together the famed "HOGS" offensive line in Washington? So improving the Texans line is really irrelevant to what he did to bring together that o-line in Washington. Oh yeah, he won 2 Super Bowls with those guys too. Jacoby and Bostic were brought in as Free Agents and shared 5 pro-bowls between the 2 of them, under Casserly.

2. How about being the guy who has produced more than 20 league executives during his time in the NFL?

3. How about being the guy who literally made the movie the "Replacements" when he sent out a team of no-names during the 1987 strike, and they went 3-0 before the strike ended...including a win at Dallas on MNF where the Cowboys played ALL of their star-players against Casserly's "Replacements."

4. How about being the guy who drafted players such as Brian Mitchell in the 5th round, Stephen Davis in the 4th round, Keenan McCardell in the 12th round, Frank Wychek in the 6th round, and in 1999 he snagged Brad Johnson as a free agent who went on to the Pro-Bowl following that season?

5. On draft day in 1999, Casserly acquired all of the New Orleans Saints 1999 selections, plus their first and third-round picks in 2000 by swapping the Redskins' fifth selection in the first round for the Saints' 12th choice. He still managed to obtain the player that Washington wanted, selecting future Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey.

In 1999, Sports Illustrated, Pro Football Weekly, The Sporting News and USA Today named Casserly their NFL Executive of the Year at mid-season.

Now for his real work in Houston:

(Yes, he drafted David Carr and Jabar Gaffney with his first 2 picks in the 2002 EXPANSION DRAFT!)

But, how about the guy that from 2003-2006 draft the likes of: Andre Johnson, Jerome Mathis, Demeco Ryans, Mario Williams and Owen Daniels...ALL OF THEM being Pro-Bowlers. Demeco Ryans also won the Defensive Rookie of The Year award in 2006.

His biggest fall in Houston, was NOT drafting Mario Williams ahead of Reggie Bush like many said and think. Yes, maybe he should have taken Vince Young, but that had invested A LOT in Matt Schaub. His biggest mistake was trading a 2nd & 3rd round picks to Oakland to land CB Phillip Buchanon, who if you have any football knowledge is not a horrible player. He was actually VERY good in Oakland before he got traded to Houston.

So, I would certainly take this list of work and 1 bad trade...than any other suggestions I have seen on here.

PLEASE FIND ME ANOTHER GM CANDIDATE THAT HAS THIS TRACK RECORD AND IS AVAILABLE...I DARE YOU!

Charlie Casserly would get us whatever it is that is our BIGGEST need THIS YEAR in the NFL draft...you want SUH? That is our biggest need? Charlie would get him! He would also maneuver his way back up the draft to get us a QB AND LT. THEN he would go out in free agency, and given his track record, get some good signings that would perform!

LOOK AT THE GUYS TRACK RECORD!

He was not even fired! He resigned because of the flack he was getting for choosing Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young...and now who do you think is laughing about his job performance? Especially since the Saints are most likely going to cut Reggie Bush this upcoming off-season...and Super Mario (Charlie's boy) continues to shine!