Intersting idea to cut down on concussions

billsfan89

There has been a lot of talk about concussions in the NFL. There have been a lot of proposed solutions on how to limit the number of concussions. I heard a simple solution for the issue Switch back to a grass playing surface for all outdoor stadiums. And for all new domed stadiums have a way to have a retractable field (I think one of the NFL Europe teams had one of those) or roof to grow grass.

Grass slows down players which limits the impact of the hits. Another idea was limiting the size of spikes on cleats to on slow down the players and limit hits. To me grass is the superior surface and makes sense to play on. I think that its a solution that has to be explored.

There has been a lot of talk about concussions in the NFL. There have been a lot of proposed solutions on how to limit the number of concussions. I heard a simple solution for the issue Switch back to a grass playing surface for all outdoor stadiums. And for all new domed stadiums have a way to have a retractable field (I think one of the NFL Europe teams had one of those) or roof to grow grass.

Grass slows down players which limits the impact of the hits. Another idea was limiting the size of spikes on cleats to on slow down the players and limit hits. To me grass is the superior surface and makes sense to play on. I think that its a solution that has to be explored.

Solutions that take money out of the owners' pockets are non-starters.

Cleats have already been done years back from 3/4 to 1/2..if you make them any smaller, you might as well wear turf cleats all the time.