The Economic Fallout of A Game Played in Toronto

notwoz

I'm wary of such.

Here in CIN, U Cincinnati has a shill department that makes like pronouncements for a fee. Including political ones. They are wrong most times - you just flash the cash to the tenured, civil service, union profs and tell them what you want the results to be, and they reliably deliver same.

IIRC they said that the city got 7 million bucks of outside money from the B'gals 2005 playoff game. A subsequent analysis by a private sector outfit pegged it at around 2 million.

good article in that russ brandon again sells the fairy tale that we are a small market franchise.......we are a third-ring suburb of toronto; we may be the most profitable franchise in the league, percentage wise......the bills have very little debt and pocket a substantial profit....they pay players, but have no organization.......

it's not the job of any business to employ people or make money for the community....their only goal is to maximize profit......that's what the bills are doing.......very well by the way, maximizing profit......that $78 million from toronto went right into ralph's pocket, as it should.....but we are NOT a small market franchise; that's the big myth.

Interesting story in the New York Times about the revenue lost to local business, people and government when the Bills play in Toronto.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/03/sports/f...mp;_r=1&hpw

Not sure I believe all of that. First of all, it doesn't boost the economy, it just transfers wealth. And if I'm not paying for parking, maybe instead I'm at a local bar for the game. Or even wait a week and spend that money at a local restaurant. Either way, I so-called stimulated the economy, I just didn't spend it at a Bills game event

I wouldn't say the overall impact of playing a few games north of the border will really hurt local business. It has more of an effect on the psyche of WNY. It really should help the overall stability of the Bills franchise and hopefully keep them in WNY as a viable business model for who ever buys the team in the future.

I'm wary of such.

Here in CIN, U Cincinnati has a shill department that makes like pronouncements for a fee. Including political ones. They are wrong most times - you just flash the cash to the tenured, civil service, union profs and tell them what you want the results to be, and they reliably deliver same.

IIRC they said that the city got 7 million bucks of outside money from the B'gals 2005 playoff game. A subsequent analysis by a private sector outfit pegged it at around 2 million.

always looking for an angle to slide your propaganda in, aren't you? :cry: