Did you enjoy your first Bills game?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting thread.

My first Bills game was the Bills vs. the Houston Oilers on September 19, 1976. My dad took the family to the game because my eldest brother was marching in the high school band performing the halftime show that week. I was 11 years old. It was not a great game because the Bills lost 3 to 13. What I remember most were the fans yelling for Gary Marangi to be put in in place of Fergie. Some things never change: the back-up quarterback is always the most popular player.

My first Bills away game was the Bills vs. the Dolphins on December 4, 1994 in Miami. I went with one of my brothers who was living in Florida at the time. I remember a plane flying over the stadium with the slogan "Bills Suck" lit up across its wings. And on the Bills' kick-offs, they ran the stampede of buffalos in reverse on the scoreboard screen. However, at least a third of the stadium was made of of Bills fans! [There was a guy a sitting near us (I think he was from Bradford, PA) who was dressed in a full Buffalo headdress of a plains Indian.] The Bills were losing at halftime 7-17, but Kelly threw a bomb to Don Beebie, which bounced of Beebie's head and into his hands, and Beebie took it all the way for a touchdown. That was the start of a 21-point third quarter for the Bills. The Bills didn't look back, winning 42-31. At the end of the game, it was only the Bills fans still there. We were all chanting, "Who sucks now?" Good times.

My girlgriend then now wife bought me tickets to the infamous Bryan Cox game in 95. I believe the Bills clinched a playoff spot in that game. It was a great time but very cold that day.

That was my first game also. They did make the playoffs with the win, I remember during the 4th when it was definite they would win, the jumbotron cut to a live feed of city hall as they unfurled a banner "look who's back" on it.

1st away game, was against Indy in 2001, the first week they resumed games after 9/11.