OK....I have been defending Maybin and I am not ready

But guys like Mario Williams never needed time to develop, he just stepped right in and became a dominant DE after being taken #1 overall..................

I'll refer to what Buffalonian-at-Heart said on this...

Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks and 35 solo tackles in his first year and started every game. That's hardly dominant in his first year. Good God man give Maybin some time. You say guys like Mario Williams "never" need time to develop, well you are almost completely wrong. Most guys need time to develop.

Also, Mario Williams was taken #1 overall, over guys like Reggie Bush, Vince Young, D'Brickashaw Ferguson and several other players who have developed into very good or great players... He played 3 full years in college and went through every practice and an entire training camp his rookie year...

Maybin was taken at #11... not #1... That's a big difference... Comparing him to the #1 overall pick is an unfair argument... Brian Orakpo was taken two picks later and from what I remember, was rated right alongside Maybin... Tyson Jackson was taken #3... So you are saying that the #2-#3 rated DE taken as the 11th player overall should be evenly compared to the #1 player overall from 3 and a half years ago who played a year longer in college and was present for his entire first training camp... Your argument is a bit unfair, don't you think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic