The Bears contacted Bill Cowher

Report: Bears reached out to Bill Cowher

According to 670 The Score in Chicago, the Bears recently reached out to CBS analyst Bill Cowher to gauge his interest in the team's head-coaching job should Lovie Smith be fired.

The Score's Hub Arkush claims his source for the report is "impeccable," despite the Bears' denials. Cowher has previously stated that he would not speak to any teams until the season is over, but perhaps made an exception here. According to Profootballtalk.com, there are "rumors" that Cowher is interested in working for either the Bears or Texans. Nov. 30 - 2:34 pm et

Source: 670 The Score Chicago

If the Bears fire Lovie, expect the Bears job to garner the interest of all of the top candidates.

If Cowher ends up not being interested, I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan is next on their list.

Shanahan is from the Chicago area, went to college in Illinois and have Shanny's boy Cutler already in place at QB.

According to 670 The Score in Chicago, the Bears recently reached out to CBS analyst Bill Cowher to gauge his interest in the team's head-coaching job should Lovie Smith be fired.

The Score's Hub Arkush claims his source for the report is "impeccable," despite the Bears' denials. Cowher has previously stated that he would not speak to any teams until the season is over, but perhaps made an exception here. According to Profootballtalk.com, there are "rumors" that Cowher is interested in working for either the Bears or Texans. Nov. 30 - 2:34 pm et

If the Bears fire Lovie, expect the Bears job to garner the interest of all of the top candidates.

If Cowher ends up not being interested, I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan is next on their list.

Shanahan is from the Chicago area, went to college in Illinois and have Shanny's boy Cutler already in place at QB.

:rolleyes:

Shanahan's boy Cutler...the interception machine. I'd jump all over that. Does the guy have any idea what color uniform the Bears wear? Seriously, his ego is so freakin large, he'll can't pass the ball around it!

This whole process cracks me up. The Bills contacted several people and are interested in talking to them about 1 of 32 jobs in the world and some of them are balking looking for something better? Perhaps the 33rd job!

I hope they get left out in the cold. Yesterday's game demonstrated the parity in the league. The Bills aren't as bad as some think and if their record were reversed - wouldn't be as good as some would think.

Anyone who passes can take a flying leap. I thought we were looking for MEN who want challenges, not pussies who need the table set for them with a HOF QB on the roster. If we had everything in place - we wouldn't need them! Show me the guy willing to take on the challenge - - preferably a GM 1st - who can then organize the scouting and coaching departments.

No thanks to the wusses looking for all-stars, HOF'ers or warm weather. We need a tough SOB looking for a fight (can't help but picture Polian yelling at an agent and challenging him to get into a 3-point stance to settle their issues), pussies need not apply.