Bills tried to sign Gruden

From Thad Brown (Rochester sportscaster) the Bills actually spoke to, and offered Gruden the job but he declined. Was not interested in coming back to coaching yet, and wanted to keep with his MNF gig.

I could have sworn a few weeks back during a MNF game, I heard Gruden say how he loved being on the sidelines and involved in all that intensity going on down there. Sounded like he was ready to jump out of the booth and back onto the sidelines.

Is the Buffalo job actually that unattractive?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Thad Brown (Rochester sportscaster) the Bills actually spoke to, and offered Gruden the job but he declined. Was not interested in coming back to coaching yet, and wanted to keep with his MNF gig.

I could have sworn a few weeks back during a MNF game, I heard Gruden say how he loved being on the sidelines and involved in all that intensity going on down there. Sounded like he was ready to jump out of the booth and back onto the sidelines.

Is the Buffalo job actually that unattractive?

Jauron was still coach a few weeks back. Ralph was waving to his loyal sheep while putting on his new HOF ring a few weeks ago. Gruden and MNF finalized their deal long before Buffalo supposedly came calling. Face it, this was just another smokescreen meant to appease the sheep while Ralph secretly draws up Jim Haslett's new contract.

Rumor had it that Mike Brown pulled that on former CIN HC Sam Wyche. He claimed that Wyche quit during a "closed door" meeting", and refused to pay him. IIRC, Wyche eventually got his dough.

Ralph tried to pull the same trick on Wade Phillips too... Wade took him to court, and won...it wasn't that much money, in the bigger scheme of things... but kind of embarrassing, and helped to revive the old "Ralph Wilson as penny pincher" role.