If Shanahan is hired... what players are out of Buffalo?

Why would Shanahan cut Posluszny and Whitner? You don't cut good young players that are making reasonable salaries.

I think the key word is "good". They both are very mediocre and would not start for most teams but would bring us draft choices from the 3rd to 5th rounds. After 3 years we can't keep treating them like rookies we have to realize when players will never be more than mediocre.

Poz - Often injured, slow, makes constant bad reads, always takes bad angles on tackles, sucks in pass coverage, never completes a tackle at the point of impact, can't shed blockers, make few to none impact plays. Other teams are killing us down the middle whether passing or running. When other teams are in the red zone their TD's usually goes thru the land of Poz

Whitner - OK on run coverage but is often invisible on pass coverage. Doesn't position himself well for the play. Jarius Byrd has done more in 5 games than Witner has done in 4 years.

If both of these players were drafted in the 5th round of their respective drafts I wouldn't complain but they weren't. Neither have lived up to their draft positions.

Why would Shanahan cut Posluszny and Whitner? You don't cut good young players that are making reasonable salaries.

Not to mention, if you cut Pos, you now need one more linebacker, when you could argue we need two already. How many linebackers can you take in one draft and expect to start? Would you cut Pos and re-sign Ellison?

One prediction I'll make though on the defensive sid eof the ball is that Kelsey gets a contract extension and doesn't go anywhere. Shanahan has always been high on Kelsey and his play. Always specifically comments on hsi play after we've played them.

I could definitely see them trading Schobel under Shanahan, so they can get bigger on defense.

Shanahan was great in denver with running backs. If he is hired I would like to see what he can do with Lynch's talent

Shan likes one cut to north and south RBs, not exactly Lynchs running style. He could learn Im sure, but you may see him traded for another position starter, and a late round RB added. I love Lynch but lets be honest, RBs are easy to come by and easier to replace.

Whitner stinks. He's the most over rated player on this team (as evidenced by the emergence of Byrdman). I would like to see him traded.

Byrdman is awesome. But he has played Free Safety all year, which is a position on the defense conducive to big plays.

Donte has started at FS 1(?) time this year. He had a pick 6 in that game. Whitner has been a victim of having to play all over the field on defense throughout his career.

Bottom line. Whitner probably isn't the natural playmaker that Byrd is. However, he is still an above average safety and very good/diverse defensive starter. He hardly stinks...