How fast can we turn it around?

ICE

We are a dominate / Pro bowl LT and a top notch center away on the OL. MW to LG, Price to RT and Villarial stays at RG.

Losman MUST get up to speed along with WM and LE.

We still need ONE Damn good TE. Sorry these average schmos don't cut it. Cut a couple of them and get us ONE GOOD TE!

We can count on one full season to develop. 2005. Outside chance at playoffs.

Now comes the problem....

How long before we start seeing a major dropoff on the Defense? Milloy is getting older. Vincent maybe 2 years at FS? Clements still isn't cutting it and McGee is nothing more than a Nickle back. We STILL need a #1 CB in my oppinion. A Difference maker at CB.

the DL STILL Can't get a good pass rush and posey at OLB is about as crappy as it comes.

So right now we need a #1 CB, and OLB help AND our guys are getting older.

I guess the question is, CAN We get it turned around? Wait, let me correct that, WILL Tom 'I am the slickest car salesmen on the lot' Donahoe actually do what it takes? I doubt it. Nothing to date has shown me he will.

I think we can ICE...and I think we need to try to make the defense dominant...the peces are there to make that happen, why not go for it?  Why not make it almost an impossible task to put up 17 or more on this defense?

121683[/snapback]

Brother I don't know. Ask Slick Willy err Tom Donahoe. He fielded this team. HE is the one and only person responsible for NOT getting it done to this point.

Brother I don't know. Ask Slick Willy err Tom Donahoe. He fielded this team. HE is the one and only person responsible for NOT getting it done to this point.

121691[/snapback]

Thats very true.....

TD should get his stevestojan together and built this team for the elements of Buffalo.

TOP NOTCH defense, big time power running game....QB who can make a few big plays and manage the offense...not throw picks to WR who converted to a corner.

Upgrade the defense TD, make it more then a good statistic.

We are a dominate / Pro bowl LT and a top notch center away on the OL.  MW to LG, Price to RT and Villarial stays at RG.

We still need ONE Damn good TE. Sorry these average schmos don't cut it. Cut a couple of them and get us ONE GOOD TE!

We can count on one full season to develop. 2005.  Outside chance at playoffs.

How long before we start seeing a major dropoff on the Defense?  Milloy is getting older. Vincent maybe 2 years at FS?  Clements still isn't cutting it and McGee is nothing more than a Nickle back. We STILL need a #1 CB in my oppinion. A Difference maker at CB. 

the DL STILL Can't get a good pass rush and posey at OLB is about as crappy as it comes.

I guess the question is, CAN We get it turned around?  Wait, let me correct that, WILL Tom 'I am the slickest car salesmen on the lot'  Donahoe actually do what it takes?  I doubt it. Nothing to date has shown me he will.

121679[/snapback]

Thought stealer!! :doh:

I just think there's too many holes to turn everything around in one year. Pass-rusher, FS, OL, and the much needed TE that you mentioned. And that's assuming Losman pans out, which is no sure thing.

And then there's coaching. I'm not as down on Mularkey as many are, but as long as Belichek is in our division, we're going to get oucoached in these big games.

I'm not sure about Clements not cutting it. Since not making a smart play on the ball in week 1 he has been very solid in coverage, enough so that teams generally aren't throwing his way. He could learn a thing or two still from old AW in run support though. Also, McGee I thought bounced back nicely Sunday night from his piss poor outing vs. the Jets. If you have a tape, watch the plays he was involved in again and look at his improved coverage technique. The Bills were blasted mostly over the middle and vs. zone schemes.

This was a non-chickenlittle-esque thread so I thought I might put my $.02 in. :doh:

We are a dominate / Pro bowl LT and a top notch center away on the OL.  MW to LG, Price to RT and Villarial stays at RG.

We can count on one full season to develop. 2005.  Outside chance at playoffs.

How long before we start seeing a major dropoff on the Defense?  Milloy is getting older. Vincent maybe 2 years at FS?  Clements still isn't cutting it and McGee is nothing more than a Nickle back. We STILL need a #1 CB in my oppinion. A Difference maker at CB. 

I guess the question is, CAN We get it turned around?  Wait, let me correct that, WILL Tom 'I am the slickest car salesmen on the lot'  Donahoe actually do what it takes?  I doubt it. Nothing to date has shown me he will.

121679[/snapback]

as long as it takes to put Bledsoe on the bench.

the entire team will immediately perform better once the weight of the albatross is removed from thjeir collective shoulders

Ice: I don't share your sky is falling opinion about the D.

As I've said before, we're too often imposing '85 Bears D-type standards on our own, yet if our offense could do the bare minimum to support our defense, maybe we wouldn't be complaining as much.

I think both Kelsay and McGee have shown lots of improvement in their second year (keep in mind that both didn't become full time starters on D until the past month). I also think Posey and Clements are doing a good job. Plus, injuries to Milloy and Vincent didn't help us.

As for the offense, I really don't even know where to begin. Er, scratch that. I do. Let's bench Bledsoe for Matthews and/or Losman and see how the rest of the line and WR's/TE's do with a changing of the guard. If things improve, great. If they don't, well at least we'll have a better idea of what needs to be done over the offseason.