Love for College Coaches?

I see a lot of people calling for Stoops, Leach, Harbaugh, Meyer...every year there is a hot college coach that many teams want...

...but how about a hot college coach, who has been hot for years now, and has already coached in the NFL...with Bill Belichick...?

I would hope we take a long look at Kirk Ferentz, if we go the college route, which I doubt we will...I would much rather have a Shanahan or a Cowher on our sidelines, but I doubt that too...

Thoughts on Ferentz?

All for it, except Ferentz has repeatedly turned down opportunities to interview for the NFL. Last year, when he turned down a chance to interview with his good friend Scott Pioli in nearby Kansas City, most people got the message he was staying put in Iowa.

Harbaugh, my choice, interviewed with the Jets last year.

"After playing football at Upper St. Clair High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ferentz played linebacker for the University of Connecticut. He was a football captain and an academic all-Yankee Conference linebacker at Connecticut. He served as a student assistant at Connecticut in 1977 and graduated in 1978. Ferentz spent his next two seasons as defensive coordinator at Worcester Academy, where he taught English literature. He then spent one season in 1980 as an assistant offensive line coach at the University of Pittsburgh. That Panther team, coached by Jackie Sherrill, finished with an 11–1 record and a number two national ranking.

Ferentz was the offensive line coach at the University of Iowa under Hall of Fame coach Hayden Fry for nine seasons, from 1981 to 1989. Eleven Hawkeyes coached by Ferentz went on to play in the NFL. Three of them were first round picks in the NFL draft, and five of his players were first team All-Big Ten selections.

Ferentz left Iowa to coach at the University of Maine in 1990. After three seasons of coaching the Black Bears to a combined 12–21 record, he was named the offensive line coach of the NFL's Cleveland Browns. Ferentz served under Bill Belichick in Cleveland and followed the franchise to Baltimore when they became the Baltimore Ravens."

All for it, except Ferentz has repeatedly turned down opportunities to interview for the NFL. Last year, when he turned down a chance to interview with his good friend Scott Pioli in nearby Kansas City, most people got the message he was staying put in Iowa.

Harbaugh, my choice, interviewed with the Jets last year.

extension link

You better hurry up and sign him before he's tied to an extension with a big buy out.