The View at LP Field.

cale

Some of you may have seen my posts here before. My wife and I moved down to Nashville from Rochester close to 10 years ago for the music business, a great "day job" at Vanderbilt and because we had family in the area. We had our daughter here and have loved living in Nashville.

But i had never been to LP Field for a Titans game. Saw a World Cup qualifier there once though. It's a nice stadium. Not too flashy. Kinda reminds me a little bit of Frontier Field, just a bigger version. But I don't think the atmosphere is anywhere near as rockin' as the Ralph. It might have been because I was in the end zone bowls, but I thought the Ralph would come crashin down when the faithful got into it at Orchard Park. ;-)

It seats about 65000 - but the kicker of course, is there's a great corporate support here for the Titans. I don't support the Titans because I think the owner is an ass.

There were some Bills fans sprinkled thru the stadium. One of them at the back of our section was pretty loud and all decked out in Bills gear. Was borderline obnoxious - but no one really gave him a tough time. I think the Titans fans kinda felt bad for the Bills fans actually.

It was 75 or close to it and sunny and a lovely, lovely day in November in Nashville. ;-)

Anyways, my friend had an extra season ticket and I got to go to the game for free. Got to tailgate with some very cool Titans fans who were very hospitable and put out a great spread. It was just a very fun, enjoyable experience.

Then the game broke out...These are just my own opinions, take them for what you will:

1) This Bills team is a travesty and an embarrassment to the Buffalo Bills legacy. I've only been a Bills guy since the Super Bowl years. So I am not sure what folks had to endure in the 70s, but this team with some notable exceptions, is dispassionate, devoid of pride and incredibly uninspired.

2) TO is an embarrassment. I'd cut him yesterday. Sure he had some emotional outbursts. I was actually for that. Nice that someone is angry. But his utter lack of effort on the field off the ball unless he gets the ball is just disgusting. I wish Darryl Talley had some one on one time with him in a locked room. He's just plain bad and unmotivated. I could tell when it was a run and when it was a pass, based on his body language.

3) It is bad when the opponent's fans know when your coach is making bad decisions. Like the bad clock management at the end of the first half. Not putting someone under the goal posts at the end of the half when they were trying a field goal. Not taking the holding call penalty to push them back in the second half (though I'm not sure it would have made a difference).

4) I had a pair of binoculars and checked the Bills sideline from time to time. All I can tell you is that the coaches looked like they were winging it. "You come in, you go out. No, wait a minute. Never mind." You get the idea. they also had a bit of the 'deer in the headlights' look. In contrast, the Titans' sideline looked "in control" even when they were down.

I think it's safe to say that the players have lost confidence in the staff and that the staff has lost confidence in a lot of the players. Though I'm sure both parties "like each other"...a lot.

5) Our OL is beyond bad. Our interior got some nice push on some runs but the truth is they are woefully undermanned. Our tackles suck big time even before Bell went out. No aggression there at all.

6) With all respect to Poz fans, he is an above average player and not a game changer at all. He was doing the London Fletcher pursue from behind play most of the game. Sometimes he was even bowled over. I don't get it. Same goes for our other LBs. Bryan Scott was a gamer but he again was overmatched at LB.

7) Our DL without Kyle Williams was woeful. Aaron Schobel is a second tier DE. Just doesn't have strength at point of attack anymore. Stroud had an okay game. McCargo was not bad. But as an unit they need some big bodies up front that can hold the opposition. The Titans OL struggled early in pass protection and run blocking, but as the game went on they imposed their will on the Bills.

8) I'm really happy with our secondary. They gave up some big plays - but there was no push upfront from our DL and VY can make plays with his feet. I still don't think he is a legit long term QB solution. He doesn't have the mental part of the game.

9) Fred Jackson is a stud. Marshawn Lynch is not. Together with Byrd and the rest of the secondary. Evans and Wood. I think there is a good nucleus there. I also liked the way Josh Reed played. Guy wants to win.

Someone needs to step up and be the field general though. Coz God knows the QBs are not.

10) The pass from Jackson to Evans was a thing of beauty. Evans ran towards us for that touchdown. Nice!

11) TO needs to sit. Steve Johnson needs to play.

12) Watching Chris Johnson run is a beautiful thing.

13) I'd trade for 3 things from the Titans:

a) Chris Johnson

b) Jeff Fisher/Mike Heimerdinger (OK, this is two)

c) Titans Cheerleaders, they are seriously hot! Doctor, I have a fever: http://bit.ly/3KWvhm

I really hope the Bills lose out. That way a complete house cleaning/exorcism will be in order.

C

Since the Bills aren't even really worth re-hashing yet again....I will reply to one comment you made:

13C.

Yes, the Titans cheerleaders are fuggin smokin hot. I was in the first row in the hall of fame game, and to see the Titans Cheerleaders next to the Jills was just hilarious. Seriously, no comparison. Even in the organization and dance(s), moves that they do.

You are indeed 100% correct on this account.

:lol:

3) It is bad when the opponent's fans know when your coach is making bad decisions. Like the bad clock management at the end of the first half. Not putting someone under the goal posts at the end of the half when they were trying a field goal. Not taking the holding call penalty to push them back in the second half (though I'm not sure it would have made a difference).

Ok I had to drink heavily to endure this game, but I thought Fred Jackson returned the 61 yard attempt? Other than that I have to agree with most of your post, including the cheerleaders, they were the highlight of the game...

Some of you may have seen my posts here before. My wife and I moved down to Nashville from Rochester close to 10 years ago for the music business, a great "day job" at Vanderbilt and because we had family in the area. We had our daughter here and have loved living in Nashville.

But i had never been to LP Field for a Titans game. Saw a World Cup qualifier there once though. It's a nice stadium. Not too flashy. Kinda reminds me a little bit of Frontier Field, just a bigger version. But I don't think the atmosphere is anywhere near as rockin' as the Ralph. It might have been because I was in the end zone bowls, but I thought the Ralph would come crashin down when the faithful got into it at Orchard Park. ;-)

It seats about 65000 - but the kicker of course, is there's a great corporate support here for the Titans. I don't support the Titans because I think the owner is an ass.

There were some Bills fans sprinkled thru the stadium. One of them at the back of our section was pretty loud and all decked out in Bills gear. Was borderline obnoxious - but no one really gave him a tough time. I think the Titans fans kinda felt bad for the Bills fans actually.

It was 75 or close to it and sunny and a lovely, lovely day in November in Nashville. ;-)

Anyways, my friend had an extra season ticket and I got to go to the game for free. Got to tailgate with some very cool Titans fans who were very hospitable and put out a great spread. It was just a very fun, enjoyable experience.

Then the game broke out...These are just my own opinions, take them for what you will:

1) This Bills team is a travesty and an embarrassment to the Buffalo Bills legacy. I've only been a Bills guy since the Super Bowl years. So I am not sure what folks had to endure in the 70s, but this team with some notable exceptions, is dispassionate, devoid of pride and incredibly uninspired.

2) TO is an embarrassment. I'd cut him yesterday. Sure he had some emotional outbursts. I was actually for that. Nice that someone is angry. But his utter lack of effort on the field off the ball unless he gets the ball is just disgusting. I wish Darryl Talley had some one on one time with him in a locked room. He's just plain bad and unmotivated. I could tell when it was a run and when it was a pass, based on his body language.

4) I had a pair of binoculars and checked the Bills sideline from time to time. All I can tell you is that the coaches looked like they were winging it. "You come in, you go out. No, wait a minute. Never mind." You get the idea. they also had a bit of the 'deer in the headlights' look. In contrast, the Titans' sideline looked "in control" even when they were down.

I think it's safe to say that the players have lost confidence in the staff and that the staff has lost confidence in a lot of the players. Though I'm sure both parties "like each other"...a lot.

5) Our OL is beyond bad. Our interior got some nice push on some runs but the truth is they are woefully undermanned. Our tackles suck big time even before Bell went out. No aggression there at all.

6) With all respect to Poz fans, he is an above average player and not a game changer at all. He was doing the London Fletcher pursue from behind play most of the game. Sometimes he was even bowled over. I don't get it. Same goes for our other LBs. Bryan Scott was a gamer but he again was overmatched at LB.

7) Our DL without Kyle Williams was woeful. Aaron Schobel is a second tier DE. Just doesn't have strength at point of attack anymore. Stroud had an okay game. McCargo was not bad. But as an unit they need some big bodies up front that can hold the opposition. The Titans OL struggled early in pass protection and run blocking, but as the game went on they imposed their will on the Bills.

8) I'm really happy with our secondary. They gave up some big plays - but there was no push upfront from our DL and VY can make plays with his feet. I still don't think he is a legit long term QB solution. He doesn't have the mental part of the game.

9) Fred Jackson is a stud. Marshawn Lynch is not. Together with Byrd and the rest of the secondary. Evans and Wood. I think there is a good nucleus there. I also liked the way Josh Reed played. Guy wants to win.

Someone needs to step up and be the field general though. Coz God knows the QBs are not.

10) The pass from Jackson to Evans was a thing of beauty. Evans ran towards us for that touchdown. Nice!

11) TO needs to sit. Steve Johnson needs to play.

12) Watching Chris Johnson run is a beautiful thing.

13) I'd trade for 3 things from the Titans:

a) Chris Johnson

b) Jeff Fisher/Mike Heimerdinger (OK, this is two)

c) Titans Cheerleaders, they are seriously hot! Doctor, I have a fever: http://bit.ly/3KWvhm

I really hope the Bills lose out. That way a complete house cleaning/exorcism will be in order.

C

I was at the game as well only I was on the 45, 5 rows up, on the Bills side and got a great view of what goes on during the game on the Bills sidelines. There is absolutely no enthusiasm and this is all a reflection of their fearless leader DJ. The only guy that seemed amped was Marcus Stroud. As much as I have been a supporter of Trent, I'm losing faith. The line is definitely a problem, but he is not getting rid of the ball, nor looking anyone off. Trent has talent, but I'm afraid there is no heart in this kid! He shows very little emotion on the sideline, it's looks like the guys have already cashed it in! You made a number of good points and I'm with you all of the way on the TO/Steve Johnson thing, but the best point is about Fred Jackson vs. Lynch. Fred Jackson is probably the best player that the Bills have, and for the Bills to split time with Lynch is a travesty. We need to keep Lynch healthy and trade him, there are plenty of back up RB's in the NFL, that we could replace him with, and hopefully pick up an LB or OL. Nashville is a great place to live, I lived in Franklin, before moving to Bham, and loved it.

13 C ... yeah. I usually don't notice too much but they kept showing them on the way out to every commercial and it was just one beauty after another. But I was told that's how it is in Nashville in general, right? :lol: I mean, even the Predators have the girls in tight little outfits that skate around cleaning off the ice during TV time outs!

[Wow, it just hit me .... the highlight of the game was the opposing teams cheerleaders. Yikes]

Ok I had to drink heavily to endure this game, but I thought Fred Jackson returned the 61 yard attempt? Other than that I have to agree with most of your post, including the cheerleaders, they were the highlight of the game...

He did.

But that's ok, he was on a roll.

He did.

But that's ok, he was on a roll.

No, no, he got there eventually. But we (and I include the Titans fans in this) were yelling, "Put someone under the goalposts, put someone under the goalposts, you Moron..." and then Freddie eventually ran down to our end. Sorry didn't mean to imply it didn't happen. But I don't think the Bills realized till late that they *could* do that...

13 C ... yeah. I usually don't notice too much but they kept showing them on the way out to every commercial and it was just one beauty after another. But I was told that's how it is in Nashville in general, right? :lol: I mean, even the Predators have the girls in tight little outfits that skate around cleaning off the ice during TV time outs!

[Wow, it just hit me .... the highlight of the game was the opposing teams cheerleaders. Yikes]

Hmm, have been to a couple of Preds game and didn't notice that. Gotta pay better attention. ;-) And yes, There are a lot of great looking women in Nashville. Even in the coffee houses....But there were some lovelies in Bills gear at the game yesterday too...

I was at the game as well only I was on the 45, 5 rows up, on the Bills side and got a great view of what goes on during the game on the Bills sidelines. There is absolutely no enthusiasm and this is all a reflection of their fearless leader DJ. The only guy that seemed amped was Marcus Stroud. As much as I have been a supporter of Trent, I'm losing faith. The line is definitely a problem, but he is not getting rid of the ball, nor looking anyone off. Trent has talent, but I'm afraid there is no heart in this kid! He shows very little emotion on the sideline, it's looks like the guys have already cashed it in! You made a number of good points and I'm with you all of the way on the TO/Steve Johnson thing, but the best point is about Fred Jackson vs. Lynch. Fred Jackson is probably the best player that the Bills have, and for the Bills to split time with Lynch is a travesty. We need to keep Lynch healthy and trade him, there are plenty of back up RB's in the NFL, that we could replace him with, and hopefully pick up an LB or OL. Nashville is a great place to live, I lived in Franklin, before moving to Bham, and loved it.

Agreed per Trent. He definitely has lost "it" if he ever had it in the first place. The 3 throws prior to the first pick six, the Titans fan behind me was observing how they were the worst three throws he has ever seen a QB make - anywhere! Right now, Vanderbilt could kick the Bills' ass.

The OL is horrible and not giving TE much help, but still his pocket presence and his down field reads are just pathetic.

C

No, no, he got there eventually. But we (and I include the Titans fans in this) were yelling, "Put someone under the goalposts, put someone under the goalposts, you Moron..." and then Freddie eventually ran down to our end. Sorry didn't mean to imply it didn't happen. But I don't think the Bills realized till late that they *could* do that...

How do you know without knowing the defensive playcall? Could you consider the possibility that if Bills lined up a player deep in the endzone from the start, that Titans could have a mismatch for a fake FG try?

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that Bobby April would forget that he could line up somebody deep in the endzone.

How do you know without knowing the defensive playcall? Could you consider the possibility that if Bills lined up a player deep in the endzone from the start, that Titans could have a mismatch for a fake FG try?

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that Bobby April would forget that he could line up somebody deep in the endzone.

Sure. But it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt when it sure looked like it was an initiative by Freddie rather than any kind of scheme.

What did you notice about receiver activity downfield?

Open, not open, open by NFL Standards, no time to complete their routes?

When we were in 3 WR sets, with Reed in. It looked to me like Reed was open about 50% of the time. The coverage was just this side of tight. But in the NFL the window closes quickly. They doubled Evans quite a bit, was hard to tell if Owens was open, he broke off routes frequently and they kept the TEs in a lot to block.

However, TE locked on a lot and then threw the ball away. This one series he couldn't find anyone and then ran for the sideline, had he kept the ball, he might have had 3-4 yards, but just before he got out he threw the ball away. Net gain=0 yards. was one of the most bizarre plays I've ever seen. There was a DL chasing him, but I thought he had it.

It was max protect a lot of the time. But I sure wish they screened to Freddie a bit more.

C