Bills fans' heads would explode...

The Big Cat

in terms of the FG, I think he was weighing the likelihood of converting a 4th down and long versus making a FG, getting a 3 and out, and getting the ball back with just under 2 minutes to play with a chance to win.

They were basically beaten already; he tried to steal one.

I lvoe how some people completely missed the point of the thread. It wasn't to say Jauron was a better coach than Reid. But it was rather to show that even coaches who are considered really good mess up. Reid is one of the best in the game at developing QBs but he makes some terrible in-game calls.

And while I'll never say Jauron is a great coach, I do wonder if he had an elite talent to work with at QB like McNabb instead of Losman or Trent what his record would be.

Cbiscuit,

The problem with wondering what Jauron would do with better talent is that he has a large input on who the team drafts, signs, and keeps/cuts.

Also, he chooses his coordinators. He chose Schonert. He chose to keep Schonert after the 2008 season. Then, he chose to fire Schonert right before the start of the season.

All of the mess here is a result of Jauron's planning.

On top of that, how many of our offensive players seem to REGRESS the longer they play here?