OT: Buffalo Tour

BillsNYC

On Monday, the fiance and I will be doing a 1-day tour of downtown Buffalo. As of now, this is what we are doing:

1) going to the Wilcox Museum to see where Teddy Roosevelt was sworn in

2) headin 3 blocks over to the Anchor Bar for wings

3) Drive past the Frank Lloyd Wright house (closed on Mondays)

4) Head over and check out the broadway market

We might also drive over to Deleware Park and Forest Lawn Cemetery if we have time.

I'm from OP and don't know Buffalo all that well. The fiance has been to Buffalo but never downtown. Does this sound like a good first tour?

Go down Elmwood Ave and walk into Casa di Pizza. They have the best wings in town in my opinion (ask for them extra crispy). Also, Elmwood will give many options of things to do.

Anchor Bar is a great "novelty stop" but they certainly do not have the best wings in town.

Go down Elmwood Ave and walk into Casa di Pizza. They have the best wings in town in my opinion (ask for them extra crispy). Also, Elmwood will give many options of things to do.

Anchor Bar is a great "novelty stop" but they certainly do not have the best wings in town.

8999[/snapback]

yeah...i know...anchor bar wings aren't the best...but i must bring the fiance there to offer them the due praise for inventing the greatest football snack known to man.

On Monday, the fiance and I will be doing a 1-day tour of downtown Buffalo. As of now, this is what we are doing:

We might also drive over to Deleware Park and Forest Lawn Cemetery if we have time.

I'm from OP and don't know Buffalo all that well. The fiance has been to Buffalo but never downtown. Does this sound like a good first tour?

8962[/snapback]

I'd take a drive down Delaware to see all the old mansions. Check out some of the neighborhoods off of Delaware too. The Albright-Knox would be a great place to go too. Then maybe take a walk down to the park.

I'm from OP too. I will be back in Buffalo Labor Day weekend, and I'm going to go down and take a look at the Martin House as well.

Go Bills

8962[/snapback]

Hey BillsNYC you tool - you make it sound like Orchard Park is three time zones away from the city!!!! What did they teach you guys at Fordham, anyway!