An example of why our coaches suck.

Justice

Doesn't it stand to reason that the players would have input? They are on the field, they see things that coaches don't. Everything can't be seen on tape can on it? I like the idea of the players taking ownership. I would imagine this happens on other teams as well, it just may not be said, mainly because of the egos of coaches.

What were you looking for? Some profound, eye opening, jaw dropping deep information? On a message board?? HA HA, some of you guys make me laugh!

well, you're the one who started the thread. now you're insulting me because you had nothing to say in the first place? ok dude. :cry:

So the offensive players "just run the plays that are called"...and that's bad.

But the defense gets actual input into the plays that are called...and that's bad too? :cry:

The coaching staff sucks, no doubt. Having the players involved in game-planning is not one of the reasons why.

well, you're the one who started the thread. now you're insulting me because you had nothing to say in the first place? ok dude. :cry:

Show me the insult. All's I said was, "what are you looking for in a thread about football?" You said, "there was nothing to see here", so I ask again, what are you looking for in a thread? Something earth shattering? Some Neil Armstrong-never seen before type s*%t, or what? If you don't like the thread, simply don't respond, but people like you always gotta add their two cents and act as if every thread has to be Pulitzer Prize material. This is football. It's a game. This isn't school, and yet I'm always being graded around here like school is in session by some of you nitpickers that drag everyone down around here with your constant nitpicking and criticisms. Either add something positive to the thread or don't add anything at all.

When you say stuff like, "there's nothing to see here", what does that say about me or the people that responded to this thread?

I happen to think it's outrageous that the players need to give the coaches answers they hadn't thought of in their own schemes. I don't know what's actually worse in this scenario, the fact that Fewell was dumb enough to admit that in an article or that he really doesn't have the answers himself?

Show me the insult. All's I said was, "what are you looking for in a thread about football?" You said, "there was nothing to see here", so I ask again, what are you looking for in a thread? Something earth shattering? Some Neil Armstrong-never seen before type s*%t, or what? If you don't like the thread, simply don't respond, but people like you always gotta add their two cents and act as if every thread has to be Pulitzer Prize material. This is football. It's a game. This isn't school, and yet I'm always being graded around here like school is in session by some of you nitpickers that drag everyone down around here with your constant nitpicking and criticisms. Either add something positive to the thread or don't add anything at all.

When you say stuff like, "there's nothing to see here", what does that say about me or the people that responded to this thread?

I happen to think it's outrageous that the players need to give the coaches answers they hadn't thought of in their own schemes. I don't know what's actually worse in this scenario, the fact that Fewell was dumb enough to admit that in an article or that he really doesn't have the answers himself?

let me restate that: my opinion is that you're reading way to much into a bunch of mumble that was cooked up by a coach trying to make nice with the media.

i'm sorry you're being scrutinized too closely by all the meanies that post here. i'm sure you're a good guy, and so far everyone i've met from this site is as well. including the ones i've disagreed with.