This is everything wrong with our offense

kenny3000

Reporter asking Terrell Owens on the decline in his play/production and if he has been played any different this year than in the past, with double teams and rolling coverage to him...

Reporter: Is that different this year, in the way you're being defensed and maybe the frequency that you're seeing those kinds of coverages than before?

Terrell Owens: No, it's ah, again, I've faced a number of coverages throughout my career. You know obviously, with those coverages, you know the coordinators have been able to kind of move me around in the offense, create plays and do things with formations and shifts and things of that nature. And with this offense, it's not like that. So you know, so I understand that. And you just have to go with the plays that are called. And again, you know I put the amount of plays that come my way and I'm not making I have to put that on my shoulders because you know I have to make those plays.

Amazing how, by design, they can not play to their strengths.

Reporter asking Terrell Owens on the decline in his play/production and if he has been played any different this year than in the past, with double teams and rolling coverage to him...

Reporter: Is that different this year, in the way you're being defensed and maybe the frequency that you're seeing those kinds of coverages than before?

Terrell Owens: No, it's ah, again, I've faced a number of coverages throughout my career. You know obviously, with those coverages, you know the coordinators have been able to kind of move me around in the offense, create plays and do things with formations and shifts and things of that nature. And with this offense, it's not like that. So you know, so I understand that. And you just have to go with the plays that are called. And again, you know I put the amount of plays that come my way and I'm not making I have to put that on my shoulders because you know I have to make those plays.

Let me tell you what I like about this:

1. It really is a clear indicator of one of the many things wrong with this offense - its predictability and lack of ability to adapt...

2. TO owning up to the fact he has had dropped the ball so to speak on plays a guy of his caliber has to make. He didnt throw anyone under the bus, he just flat out said he has to put that on his shoulders.

Yeah with the receiving talent this team has, we should be racking up 300-400 yards a game passing - maybe more - and piling up points.

And we would, if we only had a coach like....

Never mind.

Yeah with the receiving talent this team has, we should be racking up 300-400 yards a game passing - maybe more - and piling up points.

And we would, if we only had a coach like....

Never mind.

Agreed but also if we had a QB that had the b..lls to throw the damned ball to them. Nothing against Trent personally, but his checkdowns did not win any games. On the contrary five interceptions vs. one touchdown tells me everything I need to know.