Edwards 2nd concussion in 3 weeks?

Fingon

The back of his head hit the ground while being simultaneously hit from the front. While I wish Trent a speedy recovery, I'm excited to see Fitzpatrick work these WR's we have and 2 stud RB's. As Deion Sanders was saying in regards to Lee Evan's catches from NYJ "He's been open all year"

I thought it was odd also that he got a concussion, but when I watched the replay those two defenders drove his head into the ground and landed on top of it as well. They should get fines and or suspensions for that hit. His knees were on the ground when they decided to turn him into a pretzel, and then pound his head into the ground.

I thought it was odd also that he got a concussion, but when I watched the replay those two defenders drove his head into the ground and landed on top of it as well. They should get fines and or suspensions for that hit. His knees were on the ground when they decided to turn him into a pretzel, and then pound his head into the ground.

Trent is not Marcia, hence no penalty and no fine or suspension being levied. Have to remember, there is a double standard in the NFL.

Trent is not Marcia, hence no penalty and no fine or suspension being levied. Have to remember, there is a double standard in the NFL.

And no rule changes. Brady has been involved in a couple of incidents that lead to rule changes. The low hit that lead to the knee injury last year and the"tuck".

I find it hard to believe there was no penalty on the play. I thought they were protecting the QB's in this league.

But watching the replay I dont see how he got a concussion either...maybe he got a knee or leg to the head....only way it could happen.

QB's named Tom Brady*.

I find it hard to believe there was no penalty on the play. I thought they were protecting the QB's in this league.

The NFL has taken an interest in protecting QBs in the league - ones with last names like "Manning," "Brady" and "Favre." If you don't fall into that category, you're out of luck.

Obviously there should have been a roughing the passer penalty on Sunday. If he's down, there's no need to hit him again.

All players need to be treated equally when it comes to penalties regardless of how famous they are or how big their paycheck is, bottom line. NFL Officials constantly say that every quarterback is treated the same but this is proof that it's simply not the case. Until it is, we can expect this same type of stuff to happen all the time.

I had the exact same impression watching the game - how the heck does he get a concussion from that? Then I watched the replay again yesterday and - again, same exact impression yours - looked like they continued to bend him backwards as they drove his head into the turf and landed on top of it, deliberately.

(That said, Edwards is an injury-prone wuss, and we're probably gonna do better with Fitzpatrick.)

The NFL has taken an interest in protecting QBs in the league - ones with last names like "Manning," "Brady" and "Favre." If you don't fall into that category, you're out of luck.

Obviously there should have been a roughing the passer penalty on Sunday. If he's down, there's no need to hit him again.

All players need to be treated equally when it comes to penalties regardless of how famous they are or how big their paycheck is, bottom line. NFL Officials constantly say that every quarterback is treated the same but this is proof that it's simply not the case. Until it is, we can expect this same type of stuff to happen all the time.

Players are not nor have they ever been treated the same by the officials. And it is much worse now than ever because of all the big TV money and general hype about superstars, esp. QBs. There is no hope for that to change because the league is a thousand times more worried about Brady* or Manning going down than TE. The officials are only people and they understand how their bosses think. No one has to spell it out for them. They understand instinctively that certain players and teams should be protected more than other players and teams. The results of this are totally obvious in the way the various teams and games are officiated.