A coach that tells it like it is...

basskik11

That is one of the greatest moments in NFL history. And yes, i would feel better if a Bills coach would come out and say what they believe. I don't consider Mora to be "throwing someone under the bus", and I'm not a "we need a get in their face coach" type fan. I just think he is giving an accurate and paassionate assessment.

I tell 'ya, Mora's approach and answer was extremely sobering and is desperately needed in this PC-extreme culture.

That type of response puts an end to the pampering and stroking of million dollar egos that can't throw a pass over 10 yards, block a defensive lineman, or catch a pass thrown slightly outside of their numbers.

But after watching this years futility, it is hard to put this all on Jauron. Now, before all of you knuckleheads spout off in typical knee-jerk fashion claiming I want to keep Jauron- please stop before you get started, because I don't think he should be kept. But Jauron is not under center on Sunday's. HE's not lining up against the opposing teams D-line. HE's not running patterns.

Put yourself in those shoes. Can you imagine watching your team of supposedly intrinsically motivated individuals come out and lay such an egg as a 6-3 loss to the lowly Cleveland Browns AT HOME, a team that you were supposed to beat and are more talented than? How would you come out and answer questions? How could you even tolerate standing on the sideline in such a garbage-fest?

Mora's response would have been appropriate last week. Perhaps there needs to be some distance created between Jauron and these players, since they seemingly respond negatively to being coddled. These guys need a firm boot kicked up their collective a$$e$ on a regular basis until the desired end result is achieved (playoffs).

But Modrak and Guy should be led out the door along with Jauron because they have just as much responsibility for fielding substandard talent that can't just find a way to win on a regular basis.

I tell 'ya, Mora's approach and answer was extremely sobering and is desperately needed in this PC-extreme culture.

That type of response puts an end to the pampering and stroking of million dollar egos that can't throw a pass over 10 yards, block a defensive lineman, or catch a pass thrown slightly outside of their numbers.

But after watching this years futility, it is hard to put this all on Jauron. Now, before all of you knuckleheads spout off in typical knee-jerk fashion claiming I want to keep Jauron- please stop before you get started, because I don't think he should be kept. But Jauron is not under center on Sunday's. HE's not lining up against the opposing teams D-line. HE's not running patterns.

Put yourself in those shoes. Can you imagine watching your team of supposedly intrinsically motivated individuals come out and lay such an egg as a 6-3 loss to the lowly Cleveland Browns AT HOME, a team that you were supposed to beat and are more talented than? How would you come out and answer questions? How could you even tolerate standing on the sideline in such a garbage-fest?

Mora's response would have been appropriate last week. Perhaps there needs to be some distance created between Jauron and these players, since they seemingly respond negatively to being coddled. These guys need a firm boot kicked up their collective a$$e$ on a regular basis until the desired end result is achieved (playoffs).

But Modrak and Guy should be led out the door along with Jauron because they have just as much responsibility for fielding substandard talent that can't just find a way to win on a regular basis.

I basically agree with you. The players should have more pride than to allow that game to happen, and I really blame the players more than the coaches. But DJ has the attitude of "let's try real hard" and I think to win in the NFL you have to be near psychotic-obsessive. Like "I don't care if I won't be able to walk when I'm 50, I have to put my body on the line because we're not losing!".

Kinda sad, but that is why they are paid so well. But if you can collect millions and just kinda coast through your career, you end up a Bill, or a Brown, or a Lion. I actually think the players COLLECTIVELY have to pressure each other (even more so than the coaches) to go all out. As in "hey man, I'm out there losing teeth and brain cells while you coast through the plays. That has to change or you will not enjoy your time with this team. Ain't that right guys?".

There have to be high standards set for the team by both the coaches and the players.