Tim Graham on Sportscenter

LA Bills

Wow. You must be joking!

TO has screwed his own career many times over. He should be the wealthiest receiver to ever have played the game. He was dumped by his last two teams before DJ picked him out of the trash bin.

Come on!

You agree that DJ ruined TO's career?? That's crazy.

TO is responsible for ending up in Buffalo. Jerry Jones should have been paying TO whatever TO wanted right about now. How can you feel sorry for this guy. It's not by chance that he fell this far to end up here.

Save your pity for someone worthy of it. Just pretend TO plays for Jets/pats/Fins and you can go back to thinking he was a tool, as you probably did before he got here.

You might want to look into how much money TO has been paid over his career, and especially his 3 years with the Cowboys. But the guy who should be the highest-paid WR, theoretically, is Randy Moss. And Moss will probably be looking for his 4th team after this season is over.

Look, the Bills should have never resigned DJ-or even considered it before the end of last season. He's a career awful HC in the NFL.

But TO made his bed. Blaming his troubles (again, he was dumped by two teams in a row) or the "kind of ridiculous media attention he got" on the press is pure revisional history. Go back and review his behavior towards previous teams, ownership, teammates and fans in 4 cities and tell me of another player who has such a history. Tell me also, with so many documented episodes, which events were so "blown out of proportion" as to render his behavior acceptable?

Anyway, I would not deny he is amongst the greatest WRs of all time. But time is clearly passing him by. If he was going after the few passes that come his way like Marshall, Fitzgerald and Johnson do now, I would be more inclined to agree with you. Watch him a little more closely during the game.

As for pity......OK, maybe I can muster a bit. It is a truly pitiful that one of the best at his position would, by his own behavioral actions, find himself in a position where he is wanted only by one of the worst team in the league-- wehre the sun will set on his career.

Speaking of money, TO's situation with the Eagles was mostly about his contract. And his problems with the Cowboys were ALL created by the media. That meeting you heard about with Jason Garrett was a private meeting, behind closed doors, yet it got out into the open. But look at how great the Cowboys are without him, and what a leader Romo has become! :unsure:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest -- I raised an eyebrow when he said that, because I'm not sure I've seen any prevailing sentiment like that here. Since he's back in Buffalo, maybe his data sample is the people he's talking to on the street up there, not TSW ... but I can't think of anyone I know who's saying "go ahead and trade him." As some have noted, the possibility that he still might make some plays is one of very few reasons to watch this team right now...

I didn't hear the interview, but it sounds like Tim pulled a lot of this stuff out of his backside. As I alluded to in my earlier post, Snyder hasn't fired Jim Zorn yet either, and that's clearly not a money issue. And the "most people want [TO] traded" is ridiculous.

Lori, If you don't mind my asking do you think we are stuck with DJ for the remainder of the season?

Depends on how bad it gets. Ralph has been known to make decisions based on anger/frustration, and I'm thinking he's not in a very good mood after the last couple of games. I'm not entirely surprised that he didn't pull the trigger this week, but I do think there's a possibility something happens at or near the bye. (Just so you know, that's merely idle speculation on my part.)

I didn't hear the interview, but it sounds like Tim pulled a lot of this stuff out of his backside. As I alluded to in my earlier post, Snyder hasn't fired Jim Zorn yet either, and that's clearly not a money issue. And the "most people want [TO] traded" is ridiculous.

Zorn/Snyder has nothing to do with the situation in Buffalo.

Depends on how bad it gets. Ralph has been known to make decisions based on anger/frustration, and I'm thinking he's not in a very good mood after the last couple of games. I'm not entirely surprised that he didn't pull the trigger this week, but I do think there's a possibility something happens at or near the bye. (Just so you know, that's merely idle speculation on my part.)

If they lose their next two on the road (and look as ugly as they have), it's hard to imagine Dick J jogging out onto the field at the Ralph vs. Houston, one week before the bye. The 35,000 fans in attendance would want his scalp.

Guest dog14787

If its all the same to you, your idle speculation gives me hope.

If they lose their next two on the road (and look as ugly as they have), it's hard to imagine Dick J jogging out onto the field at the Ralph vs. Houston, one week before the bye. The 35,000 fans in attendance would want his scalp.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, too. But then, Ralph hung onto Stephenson too long (four games into the 1985 season, after going 2-14 in '84, earning the #1 pick, and hearing every sportswriter in WNY say he should be gone).

So I can equally believe either scenario. Certainly not past the end of this season, though, unless he miraculously pulls a 10-game winning streak out of thin air.

Zorn/Snyder has nothing to do with the situation in Buffalo.

Okay, let's try this another way. Snyder spends money like water, unlike Ralph. Zorn, like Jauron, should have been fired by now. Therefore the decision by Snyder NOT to fire Zorn yet is neither a financial NOR a football decision. So it must be something else. And it's reasonable to say that the same applies in Ralph's case.

I'll be honest -- I raised an eyebrow when he said that, because I'm not sure I've seen any prevailing sentiment like that here. Since he's back in Buffalo, maybe his data sample is the people he's talking to on the street up there, not TSW ... but I can't think of anyone I know who's saying "go ahead and trade him." As some have noted, the possibility that he still might make some plays is one of very few reasons to watch this team right now...

Actually, TSW is a very small portion of my interaction with fans. The bulk is done through e-mail and my AFC East mailbag. When I'm able to listen, I think the people who call into WGR provide a helpful barometer of the mood as well.

The feedback I've received in my inbox from Bills fans favors trading Terrell Owens for assets that will help the team down the road because his presence on the roster is moot in the grand scheme of things. I understand that fans would like to be entertained by him, but most fans seem to realize you're going to have nothing to show for his time here once we hit Jan. 4.

That's what I'm being told directly. This board might be different. Apparently it is, but I don't read the threads every day. Maybe once or twice a week. I do try to come on every day and check the "Ask Tim Graham" thread, but beyond that, most of my information comes from other sources.

I just want to mention that becuase this thread began as "Tim Graham is Mr. Obvious who steals all of our opinions and gets paid to spout them like they're his own" but has turned into "Where in the hell does Tim Graham get his information because we all want T.O. to stay? He's clearly pulling it out his backside."

Actually, TSW is a very small portion of my interaction with fans. The bulk is done through e-mail and my AFC East mailbag. When I'm able to listen, I think the people who call into WGR provide a helpful barometer of the mood as well.

The feedback I've received in my inbox from Bills fans favors trading Terrell Owens for assets that will help the team down the road because his presence on the roster is moot in the grand scheme of things. I understand that fans would like to be entertained by him, but most fans seem to realize you're going to have nothing to show for his time here once we hit Jan. 4.

That's what I'm being told directly. This board might be different. Apparently it is, but I don't read the threads every day. Maybe once or twice a week. I do try to come on every day and check the "Ask Tim Graham" thread, but beyond that, most of my information comes from other sources.

I just want to mention that becuase this thread began as "Tim Graham is Mr. Obvious who steals all of our opinions and gets paid to spout them like they're his own" but has turned into "Where in the hell does Tim Graham get his information because we all want T.O. to stay? He's clearly pulling it out his backside."

Appreciate the clarification, good sir. Thinking the typical WGR callers may be a little too far out on the ledge for my liking ... but then again, I post here, which may not be all that different. :unsure:

Of course, as you, Schefter, and several others have pointed out, trading 81 would be the rational move. Then again, so was franchising Nate Clements or making sure they had an NFL-quality left tackle going into this season, and neither one of those happened ...

Okay, let's try this another way. Snyder spends money like water, unlike Ralph. Zorn, like Jauron, should have been fired by now. Therefore the decision by Snyder NOT to fire Zorn yet is neither a financial NOR a football decision. So it must be something else. And it's reasonable to say that the same applies in Ralph's case.

Not to me. Dannyboy has never let money stop him, but "continuity" be damned, there's a logical case to be made that Jauron wouldn't have lasted beyond the end of last season without that supersecret (:unsure:) contract extension.

Not to me. Dannyboy has never let money stop him, but "continuity" be damned, there's a logical case to be made that Jauron wouldn't have lasted beyond the end of last season without that supersecret ( :unsure: ) contract extension.

Oh, I agree that Jauron wouldn't have been kept after last season had it not been for the extension. But as for firing him right now, it really serves no purpose since there's no one worthy of being a head coach. The same could be said for the Titans, Panthers, Raiders, etc., who all want to/will fire their HC's after the season is over.

You can also ask the fans in Dallas how well T.O's departure has worked out thus far? He would have made a significant impact on this team if we had a competent organization and not a bunch of embarassing monkey's working the front office.

Put TO in Chicago and I will bet that he invigorates that offense significantly!

Well Dallas receiver Miles Austin just caught 250 yds worth of passes in a single game, a Cowboys record- has T.O. come close to that this year?

TO is as good as gone and I think the Bills SHOULD trade him. Jauron has single handedly ruined this team. And I am not even going to get into the front office. Mr. No Emotion has turned the team into showing no emotion and they simply play like they dont care. Here the Bills have one of the best WR's in the game and Jauron and AVP cannot for the life of them figure out how to get him the ball consistently. TO is gone at the end of the year no doubt, trade him for something so we could at least get something out of it. I honestly feel bad for TO - Of all the people to play for Jauron really screwed his career. If he gets traded - whatever team - I gaurentee he will have over 100 yds and a TD in his first game. Because other teams personnel isnt as inept as ours. I wish someone would seriously slap TE across the face and tell him to get out of this Jauron trance he is in.

Think of the excite the offseason will entail. And then with all the changes we will have next year to look forward to. Hears to a new QB and HC and OC and GM and janitors

The Bills won't get crap for him. TO is having a bad year likely due to bad Offense, lead by a bad QB, however if teams wait until he is a free agent next year, his value will be down do to the bad play. A smart team would wait and sign him during FA. I think we may even see him go unsigned until after the draft. If the Bills could get this OL thing right, they may have a better team. Maybe Someday.

The Bills won't get crap for him. TO is having a bad year likely due to bad Offense, lead by a bad QB, however if teams wait until he is a free agent next year, his value will be down do to the bad play. A smart team would wait and sign him during FA. I think we may even see him go unsigned until after the draft. If the Bills could get this OL thing right, they may have a better team. Maybe Someday.

Even if they got a worthwhile offer, like say, a 3rd round pick, what good is it? It's still the same dimwits who have assembled the current no talent / no depth roster who will be making the draft selection.

Well Dallas receiver Miles Austin just caught 250 yds worth of passes in a single game, a Cowboys record- has T.O. come close to that this year?

[/quote/]

Really dude? You are comparing Miles Austin w/ TO because he had 1 good game (againist the winless chiefs) in his life :unsure: TO would never have the chance to come close to 250 yds this year because of our inept offense but I would of thought that would be obvious to you (it is to most intelligent fans), apparantly not. The reality is that Dallas is underachieving dramatically; hence, all the calls for Wade Phillips to be fired. They are struggling againist bad NFL teams and Tony Romo does not look good thus far w/ out TO. Bash him all you want for his personality (he is a pompous punk) but it is absurd for you to implicitly assert that he is inefficient and could not instantly improve offenses (see phila)!!