Watching long TD passes makes me sad.

stevestojan

Aren't Lee Evans and Terrell Owens supposed to be deep ball capable receivers?

So why can't we hit them deep?

1) Our QB would rather hit his 4th string TE on a 1 yard out pattern near the sideline, so he can gain no extra yardage after catching the ball since the only place he can go without running into the defender is out of bounds.

2) Our receivers usually run 4 or 5 yard patterns---they have actually incorporated crossing routes last game---wow...

3) Unless the receiver is open like you would be in high school football, Edwards will refuse to just "throw it up there" for them to make plays

Evans is not a "capable" deep threat. He might be the best deep threat in the NFL...

when he gets behind you, you aren't catching him unless you are in a car...

connecting JP to Trent concerning the long ball is stupid

JP and Trent are both ****ty quarterbacks is what he was getting at, more so than the deep ball. Personaly I wasnt all that impressed with sanchez. He was thoroughly out performed by Chad Henne. I dont understand what Sanchez has done to impress anyone. 7 turnovers in the 4 games coming into tonight. He's a rookie yeah, and he's got potential, but the amount of hype he gets is a bit ridiculous. Especially for a guy who's averaging 1 td under 60% completion pct and under 180yards a game. He's thrown deep a few times sure. If that is the standard in a Bills fan mind of a "good quarterback" I suggest people here pay more attention to actual games, than media hype

I don't know what that means.

It means that one area where JP acutally did do well was in the long passing game. He could throw a pretty nice long ball, and the biggest thing is he wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield in any situation.

It means that one area where JP acutally did do well was in the long passing game. He could throw a pretty nice long ball, and the biggest thing is he wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield in any situation.

He was The Mark Sanchez of the Bills during his time here. More turnovers than touchdowns, under 60% completion pct and under 180 passing yards a game. Sorry every qb the bills have had since Kelly has sucked. Losman and Edwards fans need to start demanding better than "who sucks less"

True, but it was incomplete or picked more often than it was successful, just like Trent (whenever he does throw it downfield).

Losman and Edwards fans need to start demanding better than "who sucks less"

Right on, I'm not trying rehash another argument of who sucks worse.

True, but it was incomplete or picked more often than it was successful, just like Trent (whenever he does throw it downfield).

Right on, I'm not trying rehash another argument of who sucks worse.

All long throws are incomplete more often than successful, Losman actually had a talent for throwing a nice long ball mostly to Evans, Trents does not have that in his arsenal