why the ravens suck trois!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,195245

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,195375

I thought the conventional wisdom was that despite outstanding perfomance in the SEC at left tackle he was to play only right tackle? Not that we couldn't use a right tackle.....and a left tackle.

I can't believe that the Ravens had to resort to the draft to bring in backup for their LT! You mean they didn't have a fat-slob RT that could have manned the position just as well as Gaither? And didn't they have a 7th round pick with a couple of years of football experience ready to make his first NFL start as a replacement?

Obviously, the Ravens don't know what the hell they're doing! I'll bet that they're not even using the no-huddle the entire game!

The first quarter of this season has certainly exposed the stupidity of the Bills' braintrust's offseason decisions.

the Ravens started Oher out at RT with the plan to eventually move him to LT just as a lot of teams do with young tackles

I found it amazing how many people on here said Oher was a RT simply because thats where the Ravens were playing him even though he played LT in college for 3 seasons

Right...and the argument against drafting Haloti Ngata because he didn't "fit" our defensive scheme a few years back. I hope the front office realizes that you should pick your biggest weak spot and find the best available player to fill it.

That's actually not true. You pick the best football player. Oher was the best football player available when we picked AND he fit a glaring need. That's what makes the Mamula pick that much more ridiculous.

The Ravens didn't need Ngata when they picked him but he was by far the best player on the board.

That's actually not true. You pick the best football player. Oher was the best football player available when we picked AND he fit a glaring need. That's what makes the Mamula pick that much more ridiculous.

The Ravens didn't need Ngata when they picked him but he was by far the best player on the board.

They were also a much better team with less holes to fill then Buffalo, so they had the ability to just pick whomever was the best player, instead of having to pick guys to fill holes.

People need to stop dwelling on the past, things are done, they can't be changed, live with it, and if you don't like it, become a Ravens fan, they seem to be doing things right according to everyone, it will make your life much, much, much better and less stressful. Either that or apply for the Bills job of GM/head coach or better yet, buy the team from Ralph, it can't be hard, everyone seems to think that theres huge lines forming of people available to buy the team from Ralph

They were also a much better team with less holes to fill then Buffalo, so they had the ability to just pick whomever was the best player, instead of having to pick guys to fill holes.

The Ravens were 6-10 when they picked Ngata and starting Kyle Boller/Anthony Wright at QB. Their offense was statistically among the worst in virtually every category that matters, yet they picked a NT because he was the best player with the highest chance of becoming a difference maker.

People need to stop dwelling on the past, things are done, they can't be changed, live with it, and if you don't like it, become a Ravens fan, they seem to be doing things right according to everyone, it will make your life much, much, much better and less stressful. Either that or apply for the Bills job of GM/head coach or better yet, buy the team from Ralph, it can't be hard, everyone seems to think that theres huge lines forming of people available to buy the team from Ralph

People aren't "dwelling on the past", they're pointing out a continuing theme of mediocrity and a complete lack of football acumen. There isn't anything wrong with it and if you don't like it, it'll probably make your life much better to post about kitty cats and flowers and continue to ignore reality.

I suspect that there aren't many people who would do a worse job of putting together a football team than the current group of supposed "professionals" at OBD. Ralph has stated numerous times he's not selling and from his history that means that we're going to average 7 to 10 really poor seasons for every good one.

Can you think of any team where SS is a need to take in the 1st round, especially when it's a reach? The only guys picked at SS where studs in college. Whitner was not one of them.

There were a lot of questions about Oher's desire and work ethic. Also, the Bills really liked Bell.

Anyways, it will be years before we have the final answers. If Bell both develop inot solid, impact starters it was a good move. If they don't and Oher becomes a pro bowl LT, it was a bad move. But doing this every week will just get really silly after a while.

the Ravens started Oher out at RT with the plan to eventually move him to LT just as a lot of teams do with young tackles

I found it amazing how many people on here said Oher was a RT simply because thats where the Ravens were playing him even though he played LT in college for 3 seasons

He looked fair to me...got walked back a time or two. BAL was flowing their line to the left to help him out, though. That let CIN's DL keep pressure on Flacco with little blitzing, pretty much taking away his long passes.

He lined up at RT from time to time, also. On one play there, he left his feet and dove at an OL's knees. He landed on the guy's feet. A rookie mistake - I'm sure his coaches spoke to him about that.

There were a lot of questions about Oher's desire and work ethic. Also, the Bills really liked Bell.

Anyways, it will be years before we have the final answers. If Bell both develop inot solid, impact starters it was a good move. If they don't and Oher becomes a pro bowl LT, it was a bad move. But doing this every week will just get really silly after a while.

Sure I'll only mention the dumbest first round pick since walt patulski in weeks where our offensive tackles fail to perform.