My thoughts of the game

davefan66

Ok. I finally finished watch the game (11pm) as I was at work today.

My thoughts, in no particular order.

1. 13 penalties for 75 yards. Thank God they were of the short variety. How many false starts did we actually have? Last I knew, the o-line KNOWS what the snap count is. Unaccepteable.

2. The long pass to Evans in the 3rd quarter (?) he short armed it. Unless I had a bad angle on the TV he looked like if he dove, he would have caught it.

3. Cut Roscoe. He’s not worth a thing now. 20 yard loss on a punt return? Fumble? Cut him.

4. The bright spot the past few weeks is our interior D-line. Love how hard Stroud and Williams are still playing.

5. 2/17 and 23 yards with a pick, and that’s the winning QB’s stats? Are you kidding me?

6. They have got to find a way to get Owens in the game. Nice couple of catches, but needs to handle the ball at least 10 times a game. The reverse was nice, but need him on the field at our goal line instead of on the bench.

7. Is Steve Johnson still on this team, and why isn’t he playing? Couldn't hurt and get some game experience.

8. I’ve defended Trent in the past, but can’t any longer. Although, I wonder how he would look if the O-line gave him some time. Needs to just toss the long ball and see what happens. He couldn't do any worse than he already is.

9. Speaking of Trent. If I were the defensive coordinator of any team we play this year, I would instruct my defensive backs to play within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Ya know Trent won’t even look past those 10 yards downfield before he checks down. Although he did have a few nice runs.

10. I want DJ fired. It won’t happen anytime soon, but at least I can dream.

11. The last two Browns wins have been against the Bills. Again. The last two Browns wins have been against the Bills.

Wow.

12. What do we do at MLB? My best guess is Mitchell is done for the season and who knows about Buggs. Time to sign a veteran, or at the least Bowen. Paul P. should be back in a few weeks.

13. Time to do something about this O-line. Many penalties and Trent on the run most of the game. I know Runyan is old and why is Levi Jones not signed, but my God, could they be any worse than what we have??

14. I want DJ fired. Oh, I said it earlier, but what the heck , I WANT DICK FIRED!

15. Clean house. Scouts, front office, draft guys, coaches, everyone. Unless Ralph could really care less about this team, he needs to do something now. Once Ralph's pocketbook is hit, maybe he'll make some changes. I know he's sold out most, if not all of the games this year thanks to Russ, but wait till next year. No way we have 50k plus season tix sold.

16. Lastly, I know I've posted in the past I wouldn't care about this team this year after they didn't fire DJ after last season, but they got me again. They looked OK in preseason and almost won against the Pats. They got my attention. Now, what can I say other than I am passionate again. Passionate for change and hopefully better times for us Bills fans.

1. 13 penalties for 75 yards. Thank God they were of the short variety. How many false starts did we actually have? Last I knew, the o-line KNOWS what the snap count is. Unaccepteable.

2. The long pass to Evans in the 3rd quarter (?) he short armed it. Unless I had a bad angle on the TV he looked like if he dove, he would have caught it.

3. Cut Roscoe. He’s not worth a thing now. 20 yard loss on a punt return? Fumble? Cut him.

4. The bright spot the past few weeks is our interior D-line. Love how hard Stroud and Williams are still playing.

5. 2/17 and 23 yards with a pick, and that’s the winning QB’s stats? Are you kidding me?

6. They have got to find a way to get Owens in the game. Nice couple of catches, but needs to handle the ball at least 10 times a game. The reverse was nice, but need him on the field at our goal line instead of on the bench.

7. Is Steve Johnson still on this team, and why isn’t he playing? Couldn't hurt and get some game experience.

8. I’ve defended Trent in the past, but can’t any longer. Although, I wonder how he would look if the O-line gave him some time. Needs to just toss the long ball and see what happens. He couldn't do any worse than he already is.

9. Speaking of Trent. If I were the defensive coordinator of any team we play this year, I would instruct my defensive backs to play within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Ya know Trent won’t even look past those 10 yards downfield before he checks down. Although he did have a few nice runs.

11. The last two Browns wins have been against the Bills. Again. The last two Browns wins have been against the Bills.

Wow.

12. What do we do at MLB? My best guess is Mitchell is done for the season and who knows about Buggs. Time to sign a veteran, or at the least Bowen. Paul P. should be back in a few weeks.

13. Time to do something about this O-line. Many penalties and Trent on the run most of the game. I know Runyan is old and why is Levi Jones not signed, but my God, could they be any worse than what we have??

14. I want DJ fired. Oh, I said it earlier, but what the heck , I WANT DICK FIRED!

15. Clean house. Scouts, front office, draft guys, coaches, everyone. Unless Ralph could really care less about this team, he needs to do something now. Once Ralph's pocketbook is hit, maybe he'll make some changes. I know he's sold out most, if not all of the games this year thanks to Russ, but wait till next year. No way we have 50k plus season tix sold.

16. Lastly, I know I've posted in the past I wouldn't care about this team this year after they didn't fire DJ after last season, but they got me again. They looked OK in preseason and almost won against the Pats. They got my attention. Now, what can I say other than I am passionate again. Passionate for change and hopefully better times for us Bills fans.

1. Fire DJ.

2. Fire DJ.

3. Fire DJ.

4. Fire DJ.

5. Fire DJ.

6. Someone convince Ralph to sell the team, now!

Wow.

My thoughts on your thoughts.

1. The penalties were ultimately what killed the Bills as nearly all of them were offensive penalties. I think 7 or 8 were false start penalties. This is outrageous.

2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Evans short-armed that pass. Pass was a bit long but it looked like Evans just gave up.

3. Agreed. Those two plays by Roscoe were inexcusable. We'll need to make room on the roster when James Hardy comes back. Jairus Byrd did Kick & Punt Returns in college, let's give him a shot.

4. Stroud & Williams are playing their butts off, too bad the offense can't help them.

5. :bag:

6. Yes, we need Owens to get the ball a lot more.

7. At this point what can it hurt? Bring Steve Johnson in.

8. I like Trent, but his play the last few games is alarming. Is it all him? The play calling? Yes the O-Line is having a rough time, and we knew it would take time for them to gel, but they did give Trent time to throw.

9. Remember that completion from Trent to T.O. over the middle in the first quarter? It was good for 18 yards. We see flashes like this from Trent, but then the passing game goes into a shell, and I don't understand why. I like that Trent does have the presence of mind to run with the ball and he's good at picking up the first down with his legs.

10. DJ must go.

11. :bag:

12. I hope Posluszny gets back soon. We were down to Ellison at MLB.

13. I do'nt know what can be done about the O-Line. Those false starts were a killer.

14. :thumbsup:

15. If we do clean house I have the feeling it won't happen until the season ends.

16. We're all passionate about the Bills. The New England game feels like months ago. What has happened since then? Let us hope that something will happen to make things better again.