So what to do now?

berndogg

It's crystal clear now that Edwards and Jauron are not part of the team's future. So, the question is, does anything get accomplished by firing jauron and benching edwards right now? It's not like ryan fitzpatrick is the quarterback of the futrue. It's not like fewell or april is gonna lead us to the promised land next year. So, I guess I'm wondering what we can possibly do this year to help prepare for the future as far as the qb/coach situation. I honestly have no idea and am thinking it can't be adressed until the offseason. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's crystal clear now that Edwards and Jauron are not part of the team's future.

that's the problem - although I think that it should be "crystal clear" that Jauron and Edwards are not part of the team's future, it's not - at least to me.

It's pretty !@#$ing dismal. The front office is a joke. The head coach is one of the worst head coaches in NFL history. The QB doesn't root for his own team, doesn't like football, and can barely throw a ball past the line of scrimmage regardless of the situation. Of our 1st round picks in the Levy/Brandon era, we have a SS that is playing FS and injured again, a DT that sucks, a RB that is 1 bong away for missing a season, a CB on injured reserve, and a DE/LB tweener that can't get on the field even when the defense is decimated with injury. And, that's the future "cornerstones" of this team. :doh:

It's pretty !@#$ing dismal. The front office is a joke. The head coach is one of the worst head coaches in NFL history. The QB doesn't root for his own team, doesn't like football, and can barely throw a ball past the line of scrimmage regardless of the situation. Of our 1st round picks in the Levy/Brandon era, we have a SS that is playing FS and injured again, a DT that sucks, a RB that is 1 bong away for missing a season, a CB on injured reserve, and a DE/LB tweener that can't get on the field even when the defense is decimated with injury. And, that's the future "cornerstones" of this team. :doh:

The best part is, our 91 year old owner is making decisions about coaches and which players to pay.

He is the President of the team and not "just the owner". And, he has Smithers helping him out with the tough guy stuff. :doh:

"Smithers, get me Homer Simpson to coach this team. He's a heckuva softball player, so he must be able to coach this team."

The one thing that is for sure is that this group of players, and all other groups under DJ, have NEVER played with emotion. I don't recall there being much precedent for bringing in a new outside coach well into the season (as we are). Nor do I see anyone to promote from within to the HC position. The only course of action, may be to continue as is. If the team would just play with some emotion, I can handle the losing. I can't handle this flatline Jauron virus demeanor spreading to athletes who are paid millions to play a game.