Shawne Merriman

RLflutie7

A yahoo news story about the Chargers and how AJ Smith said the Chargers are "soft" has Shawne Merriman speaking out.

The story also mentions that Merriman has no sacks this year and he had 39 in his first four years.

Am I the only one who thinks the steroids are gone and so is the player we once saw?

Not only is his play gone, looks like half his body is gone as well. ex roided out scrub

Not so fast. This is Merriman's first season back. At least give him year before you rush to judgment.

See Manny Ramirez.

One thing I have yet to see brought up about steriods and the like. Especially in baseball, if they really cracked down on the abuse, the balance of power in the league would just turn almost upside down! All those high priced guaranteed contract players start coming back down to earth. I think that is the main reason the big spenders do not want real testing.

The guys I feel bad for are the guys that don't make it because they aren't willing to juice.

See Manny Ramirez.

One thing I have yet to see brought up about steriods and the like. Especially in baseball, if they really cracked down on the abuse, the balance of power in the league would just turn almost upside down! All those high priced guaranteed contract players start coming back down to earth. I think that is the main reason the big spenders do not want real testing.

The guys I feel bad for are the guys that don't make it because they aren't willing to juice.

And the games are just as compelling with players that don't juice as with the games that have players juiced. All those home runs don't mean your still winning that particular game. A guy can have two homers in a game and his team will still lose.

I dont think its the roids at all. Its the knee. He was caught for roids before the '06 season. He sat the first 4 games of the year then came back to have 17 sacks in 12 games. The next season, over a year after stoping the juice (i assume) he had 12.5 sacks in 15 games. I will take that kind of production.

http://www.nfl.com/players/shawnemerriman/...le?id=MER568200

I predict Merriman will be a free agent this offseason as SD drafted English and Merrimans backup Phillips has played great and was just resigned. Merriman should be a top target of our front office.