For The Eternal Optimitsts / Sadists

calbear

Okay - so I'm looking for something (ANYTHING) to make me feel better about what's to come this Sunday, and the rest of the season. At the risk of being admonished, here are a few points:

This Week:

- Bell will be back

- Mitchell in the middle with Palmer weak-side this week seems like a better plan than Buggs in the middle (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Mitchell-moves-to-the-middle/132b5546-c654-4e04-9141-cf4bb55002e8)

- No Braylon Edwards for the secondary to cover (this week), and RBs that don't really compare to Ronnie Brown

- I heard Shawn Nelson wished for a Bills win when he blew out the candles at his b-day party in NYC yest

- Mangini is someone the team has experience game-planning against

The Season:

- Last week we started our 3rd and 4th string tackles - line is bound to get better, esp if we get an experienced RT

- Whitner, Poz, and Scott will be back between games ~6-8

- Marshawn should be back in game shape

- We still have the best receiving corps in the league, and I'd argue the best 1-2 RB punch

- Dick's not stupid, so I expect some personnel moves to bolster our weakest positions, starting with trading Roscoe *soon*

Now, I KNOW I can poke holes in any one of these points. But c'mon folks - someone give me reason to think we can pull off a Minnesota Twins' style late-season comeback... (and remember - the Twins started off pretty bad as well)

Okay - so I'm looking for something (ANYTHING) to make me feel better about what's to come this Sunday, and the rest of the season. At the risk of being admonished, here are a few points:

This Week:

- Bell will be back

- Mitchell in the middle with Palmer weak-side this week seems like a better plan than Buggs in the middle (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Mitchell-moves-to-the-middle/132b5546-c654-4e04-9141-cf4bb55002e8)

- No Braylon Edwards for the secondary to cover (this week), and RBs that don't really compare to Ronnie Brown

- I heard Shawn Nelson wished for a Bills win when he blew out the candles at his b-day party in NYC yest

The Season:

- Last week we started our 3rd and 4th string tackles - line is bound to get better, esp if we get an experienced RT

- We still have the best receiving corps in the league, and I'd argue the best 1-2 RB punch

- Dick's not stupid, so I expect some personnel moves to bolster our weakest positions, starting with trading Roscoe *soon*

Now, I KNOW I can poke holes in any one of these points. But c'mon folks - someone give me reason to think we can pull off a Minnesota Twins' style late-season comeback... (and remember - the Twins started off pretty bad as well)

We don't gameplan.

Dick is stupid.

I'm with ya. Yeah, last week was ugly and Dick probably does have some more bad decisions up his sleave. But we're only 1-3. There's a ton more football left to play. Maybe the ball bounces our way for a change. We got a lot of talent. if our players make plays like they're capable of they can overcome this. I'm not giving up yet.

Go BILLS !!

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

This Week:

- Bell will be back

The Season:

I think we beat the Browns but I am still not a happy camper.

It starts at the top

the best i can hope for is that all these professional atheletes take a good look in the mirror and get really mad. so now we have a group of irate gladiators with chips on their shoulders looking to knock people around, and our uber-conservative style turns into nasty, old-time smashmouth football. well, a guy can dream, right?