BAD COACHING....OR EDWARDS SUCKS!?!?!?!

PDaDdy

As I said before if that is the answer then that is the point. If nobody can provide any specifics of how Edwards is being poorly coached then how can we say it is so? Unsubstantiated opinions for the most are are less than useless speculation as it can cloud our vision as to the real issues.

I have heard people say SO many times Edwards is being poorly coached. Instead of taking the condescending "you're an idiot" approach which so many people in forums do, myself included, I just thought I would give people a chance to elaborate. So far nobody has risen to the challenge of defending their claim that Edwards is being poorly coached.

Mind you this doesn't 100% prove that he ISN'T being poorly coached but it does seem to say that nobody really has any factual clue. The things I see him fail at on the field are due to Edwards being a 3rd round QB that isn't NFL starter caliber unless surrounded by a fantastic team.

You've made a solid point in this thread. Specifically, how can we know that Edwards is being poorly coached?

As far as I know, the QB coach position is empty--which would seem to indicate that Edwards' position coach has a little room for improvement. It stands to reason that Turk Schonert did a poor job in his position last year, considering that he was fired before the season opener this year.

What about Alex van Pelt? In the first two games, van Pelt's game plans matched up very well against the Bills' opponents. But the last two weeks, the Bills' opponents have gotten the better of those chess matches. Until we have more data, it will be difficult to determine van Pelt's worth as an offensive coordinator. (It's also a little hard to evaluate him when the Bills--especially at tackle--are so clearly overmatched by their opponents.)

In a nutshell, what I'm suggesting here is that we look for evidence of good or bad coaching in general; with the realization that a bad coaching staff is unlikely to do a particularly good job coaching Trent.

Even if, as I suspect, the coaching is bad, that does not let Trent off the hook. Regardless of the problems around him, he should still be throwing the ball with a lot more accuracy than we've seen over the last two weeks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's all Edwards. Yes, he has his problems however you also have to look at the offensive line giving him little or time to throw. Bad offensive plays being called. Jauron being a giant wuss. I think all of those things combined can have an affect on a QB. Face it, Manning wouldn't be playing well if he were with the Bills.

While I agree that we don't have the best offensive line, I disagree with some of this statements because since he got his bell rung last year he is like a deer in headlights. He doesn't throw deep. He doesn't do crossing patterns. He doesn't do screen passes. He ends up doing dump passes.