This pisses me off too!

bench him?!? cut him! cut him and anyone else who doesn't want to give their best. i can handle all the "we don't have enough talent but at least they play hard" stuff, but if you don't want to be here, then don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Dude, read all the posts. I'll re-post, the first post is very misleading...

First of all, let's give all the facts before we crucify this guy. The quote was in regards to the job he was doing against Jason Taylor for 3.5 quarters and he is explaining why he got beat on a couple plays against him late in the 4th quarter. This is the quote from the Buffalo News:

"He's a Pro Bowler," Scott said of Taylor. "I was doing fine for the first three quarters, but I messed up on my technique on two plays. I got a little lazy and he took advantage of it. I just got to look in the mirror and see how I can get better to help this team get some victories."

I am not happy he lost focus or got lazy, but just going by the above quote and no other facts, it sounds more like he just gave up. Which is not the case...

That quote is bad. This quote from Trent is tiring:

“Looking at it on film it’s just little things and that’s what has kind of been the theme of the past couple of games. We’ve got to fix those things and try to take care of it on third down and try to keep our defense off the field.”'

Really, Trent? The last couple of games? All the press needs to do is take whatever quotes they got from you or your teammates last year and insert them into the columns for this year. The press has the easiest job on the planet covering the Bills... nothing ever changes. except, of course, the no huddle this year. Just insert the quote, update the article about the Bills downward trend, add some more "Fire Dick" lines and speculations on new coaching staff and front office changes, and boom! You've got a story that you can use and resuse over and over again.

First of all, let's give all the facts before we crucify this guy. The quote was in regards to the job he was doing against Jason Taylor for 3.5 quarters and he is explaining why he got beat on a couple plays against him late in the 4th quarter. This is the quote from the Buffalo News:

"He's a Pro Bowler," Scott said of Taylor. "I was doing fine for the first three quarters, but I messed up on my technique on two plays. I got a little lazy and he took advantage of it. I just got to look in the mirror and see how I can get better to help this team get some victories."

I am not happy he lost focus or got lazy, but just going by the above quote and no other facts, it sounds more like he just gave up. Which is not the case...

The problem with your defense of the quote is you're referencing a different quote. The OP was referring to this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...b0-4c617cd4fa3e

Now, when I read it the first time, I thought Scott meant that he felt more comfortable as the game went on and tried to not beat himself up too much for his screwups.

But, any way you take it that quote is terrible without more context and it was put up of the Bills official website.

His definition of "I was doing fine" doesn't match mine, or perhaps I'm putting too much stock in the fact that the Bills averaged 2.4 ypc in the first half and Edwards was already beginning to feel pressure. If he was "doing fine," it was because Taylor was temporarily sidelined. JMO.

Then again, with Seth McKinney the only available backup lineman, one could reasonably expect those big guys to wear down in the South Florida heat. Good planning, front office, signing a developmental project when one of your starters goes on IR. Bravo.

That quote is bad. This quote from Trent is tiring:

“Looking at it on film it’s just little things and that’s what has kind of been the theme of the past couple of games. We’ve got to fix those things and try to take care of it on third down and try to keep our defense off the field.”'

Really, Trent? The last couple of games? All the press needs to do is take whatever quotes they got from you or your teammates last year and insert them into the columns for this year. The press has the easiest job on the planet covering the Bills... nothing ever changes. except, of course, the no huddle this year. Just insert the quote, update the article about the Bills downward trend, add some more "Fire Dick" lines and speculations on new coaching staff and front office changes, and boom! You've got a story that you can use and resuse over and over again.

Little things like blocking, tackling, etc.

The problem with your defense of the quote is you're referencing a different quote. The OP was referring to this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...b0-4c617cd4fa3e

Now, when I read it the first time, I thought Scott meant that he felt more comfortable as the game went on and tried to not beat himself up too much for his screwups.

But, any way you take it that quote is terrible without more context and it was put up of the Bills official website.

That was definitely in reference to the 2 sacks he allowed. He screwed up for 2 plays, in his opinion, and admitted it. It sounds bad, be he is taking responsibility his poor plays...

His definition of "I was doing fine" doesn't match mine, or perhaps I'm putting too much stock in the fact that the Bills averaged 2.4 ypc in the first half and Edwards was already beginning to feel pressure. If he was "doing fine," it was because Taylor was temporarily sidelined. JMO.

Then again, with Seth McKinney the only available backup lineman, one could reasonably expect those big guys to wear down in the South Florida heat. Good planning, front office, signing a developmental project when one of your starters goes on IR. Bravo.

That's for sure. I am not defending his play, just his comment.

Definitely, that is your speculation. Like I said, no context.

Well if 2 quotes are very similar, there's a pretty good chance it is regarding the same thing IMO. But I am usually not on a witch hunt on this board, so I can't relate with most of the posters here. I just try to use logic and common sense, my bad...

Well if 2 quotes are very similar, there's a pretty good chance it is regarding the same thing IMO. But I am usually not on a witch hunt on this board, so I can't relate with most of the posters here. I just try to use logic and common sense, my bad...

I'm not sure what he was referring to and wouldn't have used "definitely". That's all. No need to get your shorts in a twist. :unsure:

I agree with you in principle, this comment probably wasn't intended the way it is being taken. My bad, too. :thumbdown:

“I know late in that fourth quarter I definitely got relaxed and just didn’t focus on the things I was doing the first three and a half quarters,” said Jonathan Scott.

What are the coaches here for again???

Coaches?!!?

I believe in Marv Levy's philosophy that if a player on the NFL level is not intrinsically motivated to compete, he doesn't belong in the NFL.

That quote almost reminds me of the Billy Jo Hobert quote that he didn't know the playbook after a dreadful loss. Next day, Levy sent him packing.

Maybe Scott needs the same treatment. 'Sides, wasn't that the major complaint against him in Detroit? Oh, but he loves playing for the Bills and Jauron. Such a better environment, he says.

The key word in professional football, PROFESSIONAL, should apply. If Scott can't stay awake long enough to make millions playing a child's game, then he does not deserve to be on a roster.