Bobby Bowden being forced out at FSU

TheBlackMamba

Hate to see Bowden pushed out like this.

As a PSU fan it kind of reminds me of what Paterno went thru early this decade. They stuck it thru with Paterno and he was able to right the program.

If FSU does drop the axe or a resignation is negotiated, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the low level programs (out of the MAC, C-USA, or Sunbelt) bring him in for a year or two to boost recruiting

First off, Bobby was directly for hiring Jeff and directly responsible for preventing the university from getting rid of Jeff for a number of years. Just because he didn't have his hand in the play-by-play coaching aspect didn't mean he didn't have a large role in directing the team.

Right now Fisher is coaching the offense, but with Bobby still around, you have 2 warring factions with Fisher's guys and Bobby's guys. Kids are getting 2 different philosophies from the coaching staff and you can't have that. You say there is no identity, well, turn the team over to Fisher and let him run things the way he wants to. Let him establish an identity, which he can't with Bobby still hanging around. Fisher is a well-known coach who will be the face of the program. But he can't fulfill this until he has absolute control over his team and doesn't have to worry about stepping on the toes of Bobby's guys or going against Bobby's ideas.

One way or another, when Mickey leaves after this season, Fisher better be given full control to assemble a new defensive staff. There are no 2 ways around it. Like it or not, Fisher is going to be given his shot with the program before they hire another coach. Given what he's done with the offense, i'm excited to see what he can do with full control of the program and team.

I agree with the sentiments regarding Jeff. That offense was bar none the worst thing I have ever seen. So much wasted talent. That was tough for Bobby to let him go and in some way hurt his relationship with FSU. But Jeff did get about 650K to walk, fire me anytime.

I do like Fisher and what he brings but HE has to get this team ready week to week, not when they want to. I will be willing to five Jimbo enough rope. It will take some time though, recruiting your players and all.

Ponder looks great 1 second then lost the next.He drives you insane. I cant wait to see manual out there. Big time recruit lets see what he can do.

Amato is a great recruiter in Miami where a lot of the studs UF and Um grab come from. The guy has pulled some unreal talent from there int he past and at NC State, its a hot bed that we have to tap back into. i can see how he would but heads but he will get a job as a DC no prob once the year is over.

As for Mick, it will be hard not to see him from the sidelines. My buddy played OT for FSU in the late 90's and the high light of his career was being around Mickey. he said he is exactly who you think he is. I am a NOLE for life and I hope they get this straitened out soon. I hate the white trash "U" fans and the cocky as **** Gator trash.

I do like Fisher and what he brings but HE has to get this team ready week to week, not when they want to. I will be willing to five Jimbo enough rope. It will take some time though, recruiting your players and all.

Ponder looks great 1 second then lost the next.He drives you insane. I cant wait to see manual out there. Big time recruit lets see what he can do.

Amato is a great recruiter in Miami where a lot of the studs UF and Um grab come from. The guy has pulled some unreal talent from there int he past and at NC State, its a hot bed that we have to tap back into. i can see how he would but heads but he will get a job as a DC no prob once the year is over.

I agree with your take on Fisher - to a point. I'd think it's pretty hard to get the team ready to play week to week when you are not THE guy. To me, that responsibility falls on the three guys ahead of him - CA, MA and ultimately, Bobby. Fisher can only do so much.

Ponder has been the most consistent player on either side of the ball. He and Greg Reid have been the best players for the Noles this year, bar none. He has had some moments where the ball sails on him or he holds it a little too long, but overall I have been very impressed with him and his play so far.

I don't know whether Amato is still getting it done in South Fla or not. I really have no clue. I know he's done a great job recruiting there in the past, but I honestly don't follow the recruiting as much as I probabaly should.