Coaching

Given the list of names out there without jobs, this is the perfect year to fire your coach in-season and bring in a big name who is out of football (Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, Billick, Holmgren, etc.) before any other jobs are open. Of course, that wouls still require paying way more than Ralph ever will, but at least there is no bidding war.

EDIT: OK, so Jester said it way faster and less wordy than I did :flirt:

I disagree with your thought that this would be the perfect year to fire your coach and hire one of the "unemployed" coaches on your list.

IMHO .... those coaches would only entertain wages in the $8 - $10 million dollar/year range .... with the very real possibility of a lock out next year, do you think Wilson is willing to pay that kind of money and possibly have his new coach sit idle next year???

I'm NOT saying Dick shouldn't be fired ...... and I'm NOT saying I wouldn't LOVE to have just about any coach on your list replace him ...... I just don't think it's the perfect year. (that's why I predict Dick finishes out the year .... and lasts into the off season at least until the CBA gets worked out)